Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FULLY PORTED cast iron LT1 heads with 2.02/1.60 valves and Comp 26918-16 beehive springs.

Valve springs set up @ 150 lbs on seat and can handle up to .600 lift.

Heads are machined for screw in studs and guide plates.

Pushrod passages machined for 1.6 rockers.

Valve guide seal bosses machined down for "retainer to seal" clearance up to .700" lift.

Heads are milled and have a 60 cc chamber.

Heads flow over 260/190 CFM @ .600 lift.

$1000 plus shipping.

No cores needed.

Can email pics if needed.

Lloyd Elliott
972-617-5671
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Um

This site can’t be reached

%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Not in the market - just wanted to get the heads-up back to you.

And yah, your observation that computers are quote, "**********" is right-on. But it's only been that way since the '80's.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Damn, that is impressive to see 260 out of a set of iron heads! If you were going for a completely stock appearing set-up for whatever reason, these would be BAD ASS!

Lloyd, still can't wait to get my set-up running. Been a long road!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing wrong with the iron heads, they can make good power but they cost more $$$ to do so the aluminum heads are more common.

Removing press in studs, maching for screw in studs and guide plates, machine down valve guide seal bosses and enlarging pushrod passages are all things that are needed on the cast iron heads and are not needed on the aluminum heads making the cost quite a bit more to do the cast iron heads.

These heads already had that work done and were just setting on the shelf so we could just do the portwork, valve job, mill, clean and assmeble the heads with some 2.02/1.60 valves and springs that were sitting on the shelf so someone can get a nice set of heads at a good price here.

It would cost quite a bit more to duplicate a set like this if starting from scratch.

Lloyd

·
Registered
357 Posts
Heads

I am interested in the heads. Please reply to the email I sent with a couple photos. The other set of iron heads you worked for me turned out great. I'm ready for another set. Ha

Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dang, I should have robbed a bank. :wink2:
I was scrambling over the weekend trying to figure out how to come up with that much dough on such short notice since they were basically exactly what I want, but it wasn't happening. I have a feeling it'd be a little painful, but out of curiosity what would these heads normally cost to have done that way?

·
Registered
485 Posts
the cost to do another set like this would be $800-900 or so in labor plus what ever parts (valves and springs) are used.

Could be anowhere from $200 to $500 in parts depending on what valves and springs are used.

Lloyd
That's actually not horrible. I've had your website bookmarked for awhile since it seems most people on here recommend you if you need heads for an LT1 and I wanted to find out if you could do the cast iron ones. I have my reasons for wanting to stick with cast iron, and now I know the answer. I need to find out if a trans rebuild is in my immediate future first, and then I can move forward with heads and cam so I'll be in touch at some point.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
...I need to find out if a trans rebuild is in my immediate future first, and then I can move forward with heads and cam ...
Simple, the answer is not first. But do the heads and cam and the correct answer will be, "NEXT"! you have to admit you really jumped in that one with both feet. ;)

Seriously, if your rig has any miles on it just drop the tranny, buy the books, Trans-Go kit and right beefy parts and a decent TC, check everything 20x and voila!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Simple, the answer is not first. But do the heads and cam and the correct answer will be, "NEXT"! you have to admit you really jumped in that one with both feet. ;)

Seriously, if your rig has any miles on it just drop the tranny, buy the books, Trans-Go kit and right beefy parts and a decent TC, check everything 20x and voila!
135K on the clock right now, unknown service history and the last owner (who thankfully only owned it for a short time) seriously neglected the car, so I always knew that with my plans of hot rodding the car a little the tranny would need a rebuild sooner or later. I even originally thought I'd attempt to learn to rebuild one myself with this car, but I don't have access to a shop and a car lift anymore, and doing that in my driveway really doesn't appeal to me, I'm not old, but I'm not 20 anymore either. :wink2:

I don't know, it's getting late in the year to attempt that big of a project and the Caddy will keep til spring, so we'll see what happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts