Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
More Specs. Please

Do you know what compression you had with these heads?
Are these built for a forced induction setup (blower/nitrous)?
Or can you run these with a naturally aspirated setup?
What type of cam specs do you recommend with these heads?
If those flow numbers were at .600 lift, that is fairly large for most on here.
Are these shaft mount rockers?
IIRC, the GM 845 (that is fairly popular on here) only has around a .560 lift.

I have a completely stock setup right now.
But I am thinking about getting ready to start modding.
Trying to plan out what to do.
And these sounded like a nice place to start. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know what compression you had with these heads? They are 54cc heads, so if your on a stock engine and use a .026 gasket you can achieve about 10.7 cr
Are these built for a forced induction setup (blower/nitrous)? nitrous or N/a. You can use them on a blower setup or boost but not a lot of boost.
Or can you run these with a naturally aspirated setup? yes they will be fine.
What type of cam specs do you recommend with these heads? Any cam will suffice, look at people running the le3 or ai200 heads and you can see how many different cams they can run with these heads. They are designed to work with mild to wild
If those flow numbers were at .600 lift, that is fairly large for most on here. Yes those are at .600 lift and its for someone who wants to make real power and leave behind the rest.
Are these shaft mount rockers? Nope, just promags would be recommended
IIRC, the GM 845 (that is fairly popular on here) only has around a .560 lift. You can use them or run a larger cam, custom would be best IMO and would give you the greatest benefits. Hit up AI or LE for a custom cam to suit your needs

I have a completely stock setup right now.
But I am thinking about getting ready to start modding.
Trying to plan out what to do.
And these sounded like a nice place to start. :)

These are perfect to start your build and you will thank me later when your crushing other b bodies out there lol
Thanks
no thank you

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Just a quick note, the LT4 springs will not work with all cams, there is limitations with them as far as seat pressure, just a word of advise to someone that buys them make sure with the cam that you get from whoeever that they tell you what springs to get. I bet they don't recommend LT4 springs. Sounds like a great set of heads though, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a quick note, the LT4 springs will not work with all cams, there is limitations with them as far as seat pressure, just a word of advise to someone that buys them make sure with the cam that you get from whoeever that they tell you what springs to get. I bet they don't recommend LT4 springs. Sounds like a great set of heads though, good luck with the sale.
Very true those springs are just on there cuz I had them laying around. I also have a set of pac1218s on can throw on there for the same price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts