Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i have a ported box should i seal it? ports facing away from cab right? do 6x9's need to be sealed from cab now?

[ 04-22-2007, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: 9c1 lover ]

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can you post pics?

[ 03-20-2007, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: RhinoSS ]

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How big did you make the port?

[ 03-20-2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: RhinoSS ]

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what i did. I ported my rear deck by using Four 3 1/2" speaker ports and the wrapping black pantyhose over them(sounds silly, i know) but it gives the look of speaker grills. I've run a bandpass box, ported, and sealed with no noticable difference in regaurds to the bass cancelling out the mid and high range. I'm also running infinity kappy perfect 6 x 9's in the rear along with infinity 6 3/4" in the front doors that are all powered off a RF 4 channel 400W amp. It sounds sooooo clear. Also, i used sound insulation on all 4 doors and the trunk and as soon as i get the time, i'll be doing the floor, roof, pillars, etc...

I say just leave the ported box alone if that's what your speakers are tuned for.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed:
Here's what i did. I ported my rear deck by using Four 3 1/2" speaker ports and the wrapping black pantyhose over them(sounds silly, i know) but it gives the look of speaker grills. I've run a bandpass box, ported, and sealed with no noticable difference in regaurds to the bass cancelling out the mid and high range. I'm also running infinity kappy perfect 6 x 9's in the rear along with infinity 6 3/4" in the front doors that are all powered off a RF 4 channel 400W amp. It sounds sooooo clear. Also, i used sound insulation on all 4 doors and the trunk and as soon as i get the time, i'll be doing the floor, roof, pillars, etc...

I say just leave the ported box alone if that's what your speakers are tuned for.
How do you like the Infinity Kappa's ?
I am geeting the 6 1/2 componets for the door and two more 6 1/5 3 way's for the rear deck in a fiberglass box under the Deck to reay get the mid bass. But I wanted to know how good is the mid base and do you like the fact that they are 2ohm's?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had Infiniti Kappa Perfects, 6x9's and 6.5's. I blew the 6x9's so I switched to Alphasonik. The 6.5 speaker sounds great, still got it but the nickle sized tweeters were shot within an hour. So again, I switched to some 2" Alphasonik tweeters. If the tweeters on the components are what I think they are, throw them in the trash now and save yourself the hassle.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/qb][/QUOTE]How do you like the Infinity Kappa's ?
I am geeting the 6 1/2 componets for the door and two more 6 1/5 3 way's for the rear deck in a fiberglass box under the Deck to reay get the mid bass. But I wanted to know how good is the mid base and do you like the fact that they are 2ohm's? [/QB][/QUOTE]

I like them, they were a drastic improvement over the stock ones. I had them in for awhile without an amp, and then after wiring them to the 4 channel amp they sounded even better. Midbass is decent but not the best that's out there, still great for the money though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pics to come this weekend. port is 6x11, made it out of wood i think it looks good. im gonna get like 3 tan bandanas and wrap the wood so it matches my interior. i want to slowly do bandana print accents in the cab this summer .

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not finished yet i still have to cover it or paint it i havent decided yet, what do you think? cheap, yes i know, but it works!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd cover it. Get some fabric to match your interior. Wrap the outside of the wood with it, and staple it in so that the staples are hidden once the box is in place.

Looks great though. Nice job.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in the pic my interior looks grey but its not its tan so i was gonna get some tan bandannas wrap it with that cause i wanted to put a black light in the trunk, then it would illuminate from all the little white designs on the ban. what do you think? would that be too ricer, or could i get away with it. i dont know if it would look as good as i imagining it so im trying to see if someone else can "see" it?

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does it hit harder or sound better?

tape up those wires too, dont have any wires uncovered...

[ 04-26-2007, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: thebigbadWOLF ]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont notice a drastic change as everyone makes it out to be but it does improve sound a little or maybe its placebo typr thing ya know, but then again my system has always been pretty loud. what do you mean tape up my wires i hate tape, i allready did all the wires i heat shrink, so what are you talkin bout? the actual terminals? thats all i see uncovered, and in all the years i have had a stereo not once has that been a prob. lmk im curious what you are seeing.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by KapriceKidd:
This is what I came up with.

Creative, How does it sound? Major or Minor difference in sound?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by RhinoSS:
Creative, How does it sound? Major or Minor difference in sound? [/QB]
The bass hits so much harder. BTW two 12's (Kicker CVR) in a store bought ported box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts