Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am installing the rear Bonnie seats and was considering to modify the center to be able to place things in the trunk through the back seats. (First off)....would cutting the metal center of the upper rear seat support cause any seriously noticeable chassis flex???

I then wanted to make it my rear port for some subs....What would be the best way of doing this?...I don't have the funds to do a custom box that's connected directly to center opening as my port..Figured it would still be a nice upgrade though to just have that opened up with the subs back there? Should the subs still be facing the back of the car or face em' to the front?? Thanks for the help...:)If I even get any.......?????

· Registered
212 Posts
would cutting the metal center of the upper rear seat support cause any seriously noticeable chassis flex???
I can't answer most of your question, but trimming out the thin cross braces ought to make no noticeable difference in chassis rigidity. B car's strength comes from the frame underneath, not the body.

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't answer most of your question, but trimming out the thin cross braces ought to make no noticeable difference in chassis rigidity. B car's strength comes from the frame underneath, not the body.

Thanks....Glad somebody could answer that one for me....

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this will be a dumb question that I coulda asked at any audio shop, but since I'm already here....Do I keep the subs facing the back of the car?? I heard it sounds better if you keep them that way but wasn't sure...

· Registered
284 Posts
itd probably be ez'r if u make the port in the deck lid

· Registered
674 Posts
Mine was ported through the arm rest as well. I have no idea how they did it though as I bought the car with the inclosure already in it

· Registered
1,171 Posts
facing the rear of the car, lets the subs load off the trunk, makes it sound better.

· Registered
43 Posts
My personal preference, is that facing them backwards sounds better when listening to hip-hop/R&B/techno, facing forward sounds better for rock/jazz/country, etc...

It all depends on what you want your system to sound like. Accurate, or beats that others outside the car can hear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.