Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope no one has their subs ported like this yet. My car is in the works but I did the system first.

[ 04-26-2007, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: RAMON06 ]

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are those Fi q's? Specs on the box? Tuning?

Looks nice and loud :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B

A setup like this would be great for your small little 10's

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by WaTTsLOk187:
B

A setup like this would be great for your small little 10's

thats a pretty small port area, thats all I am thinking.... I wish I had the space to do 2 9515's... I think 2 9512's would be about the max as far as enclosure size using under the deck and room for port area in the rear deck... :mad:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would luv 2 hear that I want mine done like that but I want 15s N rear deck on mine

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DOGGSITTER:
Would luv 2 hear that I want mine done like that but I want 15s N rear deck on mine
Those are 15's

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are 2 FI BTL 15's fully loaded powered by 2 Orion 2500D's. 4 cubes each, tuned to 30 HZ. That's why there's so little port area. Just my street beater. Low's are amazing. The uppers are decent but lacking on alot of songs I like, but again the lows are amazing. I can feel things in songs I never knew were there. The vibrations in my back and gut are crazy. 2 9515s will fit easily. I have 2 Group 31 Blues and 2 Runs of Kicker 0 guage to the back. About to order 2 260 amp alternators from Dom.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by RAMON06:
Those are 2 FI BTL 15's fully loaded powered by 2 Orion 2500D's. 4 cubes each, tuned to 30 HZ. That's why there's so little port area. Just my street beater. Low's are amazing. The uppers are decent but lacking on alot of songs I like, but again the lows are amazing. I can feel things in songs I never knew were there. The vibrations in my back and gut are crazy. 2 9515s will fit easily. I have 2 Group 31 Blues and 2 Runs of Kicker 0 guage to the back. About to order 2 260 amp alternators from Dom.
I don't see how you are getting 8 cubes from under the rear deck.... Why 2 260 amp alts for 2 2500s? That kicker wire is really nice... But seriously how are you managing 8 cubes...?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way there are a number of impalas/caprices with rear deck setups, its the best way to a loud system imo. So your not really the first, you might be the first to claim you got 8 cubes out of the area under the rear deck.....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Didn't mean ported through the rear deck first. I have done alot of my cars this way already as well as others. I meant the way my subs and port are mounted in the rear deck. The back window flexes about 6-8 inches. It's ridiculous, I can't play it too loud for fear it might pop the window out. And the box is not just under the rear deck, it's glassed and goes back alot further. Anyway it's for street bass only but it's not too shabby on the mic. It hits 149.2 at 28 htz on the dash legal on the TL

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Didn't mean ported through the rear deck first. I have done alot of my cars this way already as well as others. I meant the way my subs and port are mounted in the rear deck. The back window flexes about 6-8 inches. It's ridiculous, I can't play it too loud for fear it might pop the window out. And the box is not just under the rear deck, it's glassed and goes back alot further. Anyway it's for street bass only but it's not too shabby on the mic. It hits 149.2 at 28 htz on the dash legal on the TL
Dear lord. That is just about as rediculous as it gets lol... I am aiming for 150's myself, but not at 28hz hahhahaha... You got a video?

And do you have any enclosure build pics, I wanna see how you got 8 cubes, I might do 9515's down the road, and this could help.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't build it. Mike Jones built it for me. I'll call him Tomorrow and see if I can get him to email me some build pics.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
His number wouldn't happen to be (281)330-8004 by any change would it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FUNNY but no, you knoe what Mike Jones I mean lol. If you live in Texas it's hard to pass up on the price he charges. It's a ride to Lubbock, but the price, quality of work and final result was worth the 5-5 1/2 hour drive each way

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
B Campbell, the 9515s will work well. Thats what Mike originally wanted me to do. I have a pair of 9515s in my Altima that he did back in 04, but I bought those Fi's back in October and they have just been sittin up for months, I had to put them in. The DDs have a better sound and punch to them over the Fi's but that could be because I'm tuned to 45 in my Altima and Yukon and I'm tuned to 30 in the Chevy. The difference from each vehicle is drastic in each. Oh and the Alternators I'm going with so much because of the deal Dom gave me. I have no dimming with the stock alternator, 2 Group 31 blues, 2 runs off zero guage and the big 3 but I think the voltage could be a little more stable. When I'm driving sometimes the voltage drops to 12.4 at the lowest but I want it to stay around 13.0. Dual alternators will help. Any ideas for more power out the car after I change to 3.73s, headers, catback and programmer? I know I could do a cam and stall, but man I got so much weight and either 22s or 23s, I dont think a Cam is necessary for daily driving in my case

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
B Campbell, the 9515s will work well. Thats what Mike originally wanted me to do. I have a pair of 9515s in my Altima that he did back in 04, but I bought those Fi's back in October and they have just been sittin up for months, I had to put them in. The DDs have a better sound and punch to them over the Fi's but that could be because I'm tuned to 45 in my Altima and Yukon and I'm tuned to 30 in the Chevy. The difference from each vehicle is drastic in each. Oh and the Alternators I'm going with so much because of the deal Dom gave me. I have no dimming with the stock alternator, 2 Group 31 blues, 2 runs off zero guage and the big 3 but I think the voltage could be a little more stable. When I'm driving sometimes the voltage drops to 12.4 at the lowest but I want it to stay around 13.0. Dual alternators will help. Any ideas for more power out the car after I change to 3.73s, headers, catback and programmer? I know I could do a cam and stall, but man I got so much weight and either 22s or 23s, I don't think a Cam is necessary for daily driving in my case
Damn, thats awesome, Mike Jones is a legend when it comes to getting loud, if anyone can get 8 cubes out of an impala trunk it would be him, and if he fiberglassed the floor and the area under your amp a rack then its possible. 3.73's headers and a 2600-3000 stall would do the trick. I have a 2800 stall and love it. You don't have to change the stock cam but 1.6 roller rockers and valve springs will really make a difference. Me personally, I love the cammed car sound and since its only a few hundred more am I going to do the hotcam swap at the same time I do valve springs and roller rockers.... Cars at stock weight with those mods get well into the 13's easily so I think you would be happy with the results. Just make sure you get a tune from bryan herter, or a nice dyno tune, not the hypertech tune, its garbage. Where are you located at in texas?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good lookin setup man! i bet that just HURTS.

and like B said.. there are hundreds of setups out there like yours in b-bodys, with the subs and port in the rear deck, but i bet most of them arent as loud as yours!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by PIMPALA-SS™:
good lookin setup man! i bet that just HURTS.

and like B said.. there are hundreds of setups out there like yours in b-bodys, with the subs and port in the rear deck, but i bet most of them arent as loud as yours!!!
I am willing to bet there is not one that loud any where....

That is sick, and here I am thinking I was doing something with my lil 9510's...

Ahh, there is always room to upgrade

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so i just finished cleanin all the drool off my keys....nice system man. No dynomat on the trunk lid though? thats a nice system though good luck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts