Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a few requests for posi and gear packages. If there's enough interest, lets say 10, I'll look at getting some group purchase pricing together.

Let me know.

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I have been getting a few requests for posi and gear packages. If there's enough interest, lets say 10, I'll look at getting some group purchase pricing together.

Let me know.

Thanks all.

Talk about coincidence. I have been putting together the money and plan for buying an Eaton and more rear gear, plus all the needed hardware. From the suggestions on the forum, it would have been bought from you. I say count me in as well.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Just want to say, I bought my tru-trac and 3.73's from Dan a bit less then a year ago. Was shipped quickly once he got stock (not his fault, Eaton was severely backed up). I've been happy with the tru-trac decision so far with probably about 3,000 miles and some aggressive driving. Unless you plan a lot of strip time with sticky tires, the tru-trac will be a better budget decision then the usual eaton superbrute posi.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hey Dan! I will most likely be in for a Tru-Track and 3:73's! I am FINALLY putting the engine together!

Will the 3:73 reluctors be available?

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Sweet! Thanks Dan! I have cash ready to go (for a change)! :D

I'll do the rear end swap before I do the engine swap. It will be interesting to feel the difference between the stock 3:08's and the 3:73's with the (mostly) stock drivetrain. It will be VERY interesting to feel it with the stroker transplant! :D

Thanks (as always!),
Tim

·
Registered
145 Posts
Interested

I'm interested in 3.73 and posi

·
Registered
328 Posts
Since I have never installed gears before if I could recieve some input on a few questions that would be great. I consider myself a decent wrench turner.

1. How hard is it to install these? Any special tools besides beer?
2. What are the advantages of gears versus stock?
3. 3.73. 4.10, etc What's the difference /which is best? (I am thinking depending on the intended use i.e. daily driver or making a lot of track passes?
4. Any additional support equipment required to compliment the gears?
5. Any other input that would be helpful...Thanks!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts