Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the stock positive Battery Cable on the 1995 DGGM Impala SS have 3 cables coming off the positive Battery post connector? Meaning one going to the starter, one going to the under hood fuse box positive post and third to alternator? I can’t find any detailed cable photos in the FSM.

—I had some corrosion problems in the past and shortened it somehow and wound up cabling directly from “under hood fuse box positive post” directly to alternator and battery directly to starter. It is t right and I would like to order the correct cable. I used this internet photo of somebody’s vehicle. *is this a 3 cable, 3 destination, stock routing? Example:battery to fuse box, battery to starter, battery to alternator? Doses the alternator even have a positive direct cable to it? Thanks
BD971A8C-7EE8-4E82-B29F-07453A91694D.jpeg
1199C51A-3C9A-4B2F-8574-0828A4AF77C7.jpeg
DB92EC2C-8EAE-4412-8CDA-9AA7BC9A0B4B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
For what is stock maybe Fred or Mike could comment. Either one has seem under more b body hoods than most of us have seen under any hoods. All cables to the battery terminal works. I think I have seem factory cables that branch out to the starter, alternator, and aux post. I think I have seen 9C1 and d body cars with a terminal stud to connect the wires to. The FSM shows the wire gauges in metric but there is a conversion table to get normal wire gauge.

Search "big three" , "big 3" . or
www.innovativewiring.com

for some ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I'm quite sure what you have written is correct.

I added a 1/0 gauge cable as part of "The Big 3", from the positive terminal to the starter.

Also I have a set of Gary's (Innovative wiring) battery cables for sale. Never installed. Battery stud which is included, not shown.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm quite sure what you have written is correct.

I added a 1/0 gauge cable as part of "The Big 3", from the positive terminal to the starter.

Also I have a set of Gary's (Innovative wiring) battery cables for sale. Never installed. Battery stud which is included, not shown.

View attachment 191868
What is the short red cable for?
035D90D2-888A-4F22-B2A7-864A5F94F9A3.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
You talking about the police part? Not on Impala?
That's right, the 9C1 has an additional positive wire under the hood. I'm sure that's what it's for, since like I wrote, this is the 9C1 set.

Right from Gary's web page:
"9C1 Junction box Cable. - This cable is made with 2 gauge copper battery cable with all copper ends are soldered and “HEX” crimped for the best connection then adhesive lined shrink tubing is installed for protection . Flame retardent loom is then installed. This can only be used with a battery having a sidepost."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts