Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
95 Caprice 9c1 w/LT1. I think the trans cooler line is leaking. Appears to be coming from directly above the passenger side catalytic converter, right next to the dip stick tube. There is a...fitting for lack of a better term. there is a line screwed into the bottom, with another line right next to it, couldn't tell on quick inspection where it went. There is also something coming from the top of this fitting...Actually looks like a block (the fitting). The thing off the top actually has some sort of corrugated heat sheild/tube around it. What is this? Is it common and how hard to replace?

Edit: Doesn't look like it's coming from there. Fired it up and stuck my head under there. There is a heat shield above the cat and whatever is leaking appears to be above that. I could not see anything leaking but fluid was coming out all around the edges of the heat shield

Not Lloyd, Sean

· Premium Member
5,630 Posts
Well the block fitting on the trans line is the temp or pressure sensor, I think pressure. I just can't remember.

As far as your leak are you smelling oil burning or tranny fluid burning. If you can tell which one it is reach your hand to the back side of the intake manifold and fell where it connects to the block, this is a common leaking point for LT-1's

Mike

· Premium Member
584 Posts
Just for clarification, this is my post, not Lloyd's. Car is at his place and I was using his computer.

Pretty positive it's trans, i've done the intake fix before so I know what to look for. Plus, It was coming out at a pretty good rate suggesting something with some pressure behind it.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.