Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I don't know why that thread was locked but it's incorrect........

I have 22" pirellis and have not had a tire blow and I drive them hard over bad roads.

The tire does spin on a stock vehicle my 94 fleetwood is bone stock except for 3.23 gears i added to it to offset the speedometer and to give me stock power back so I wouldnt have to reprogram the car since stock was 2.93.

So power is not completely lost unless you can't spend $500 for new gears.I installed them myself for $100.

The car Won't ride like **** if you install new stock height springs of course any performance spring will ride hard(like "****") but that's what they are meant for.

Overall I've driven my car hard and have had no issues with the tires yet i use pirelli zero scorpion 265/35/22 I would've prefered 255/30/22 to avoid the little rubbing on full turns otherwise no issues.

my rims are +20 9.5 with 1/2" spacers on front

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ocjmakaveli:

I have 22" pirellis and have not had a tire blow and I drive them hard over bad roads.

The tire does spin on a stock vehicle my 94 fleetwood is bone stock except for 3.23 gears i added to it to offset the speedometer and to give me stock power back so I wouldnt have to reprogram the car since stock was 2.93.

So power is not completely lost unless you can't spend $500 for new gears.I installed them myself for $100.

The car Won't ride like **** if you install new stock height springs of course any performance spring will ride hard(like "****") but that's what they are meant for.

Overall I've driven my car hard and have had no issues with the tires yet i use pirelli zero scorpion 265/35/22 I would've prefered 255/30/22 to avoid the little rubbing on full turns otherwise no issues.

that post was for those INQUIRING about 22's. And I'm not saying EVERYONE is going to have the same issues but those are issues that might come up SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

My car ran a lot better when I had my stocks. And if you put a rubber band around your rim such as a 255/30/22, its not going to be as much protection as opposed to a 255/50/17

Now, as for the gears, bone stock, you're not going to be really spinning tires. You can spin your tires b/c you put different gears in as you stated. Run stock gears on 22's and there will be a significant difference.

I'm not going to put my own gears in b/c that's an easy way to f**k things up if you don't know what you are doing but for those of us that won't touch it, its going to be about $500

Thank you for adding the post though b/c it does show that 22's are not going to totally f**k up your car and that it is/can be a case by case situation. Fortunately for you, you don't have the same issues as me.

As for the post, I don't think its incorrect. Its just a "CAUTION" sign for those that think there will not be a difference

I have yet to see a car pull 10's in the 1/4 mile on 22's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by the96pala:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ocjmakaveli:

that post was for those INQUIRING about 22's. And I'm not saying EVERYONE is going to have the same issues but those are issues that might come up SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

My car ran a lot better when I had my stocks. And if you put a rubber band around your rim such as a 255/30/22, its not going to be as much protection as opposed to a 255/50/17

Now, as for the gears, bone stock, you're not going to be really spinning tires. You can spin your tires b/c you put different gears in as you stated. Run stock gears on 22's and there will be a significant difference.

I'm not going to put my own gears in b/c that's an easy way to f**k things up if you don't know what you are doing but for those of us that won't touch it, its going to be about $500

Thank you for adding the post though b/c it does show that 22's are not going to totally f**k up your car and that it is/can be a case by case situation. Fortunately for you, you don't have the same issues as me.

As for the post, I don't think its incorrect. Its just a "CAUTION" sign for those that think there will not be a difference

I have yet to see a car pull 10's in the 1/4 mile on 22's
</font>[/QUOTE]/\ /\ /\ What he said

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by the96pala:
....As for the post, I don't think its incorrect. Its just a "CAUTION" sign for those that think there will not be a difference.....
That's how I took the thread and the Subject Line indicates why it was locked; No Clutter ===== as in, no debating/moaning/flaming/etc.

Just one person's experience for others to take......or leave.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to mention that post is about b-bodies and you have a fleetwood. Two totally diff platforms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 214Texas:
Not to mention that post is about b-bodies and you have a fleetwood. Two totally diff platforms
Thanks for adding that. I was going to add that and had a customer sit at my desk

Oh and I also have a drop.... that effects as well. I'm not running stock height

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't really spin the 22's on the stock springs, but once I did the Intrax drop I could light 'em up all day with stock gearing. Better traction I guess?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly speakin once you spend that much bread on rims and tires do you really wanna spin them? I would rather crawl down the road and see how many stares I get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by OC*SS:
I couldn't really spin the 22's on the stock springs, but once I did the Intrax drop I could light 'em up all day with stock gearing. Better traction I guess?
No.

Worse traction :rolleyes: ........that's why they spun

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by 214Texas:
Honestly speakin once you spend that much bread on rims and tires do you really wanna spin them? I would rather crawl down the road and see how many stares I get.
I got a partner up here in Michigan that smoked out his 22z during the Woodward Dream Cruise because somebody said he couldn't. I'm with 214tex on this one though. Almost anybody can burn rubber. Crawling in a clean ride with ALL EYEZ ON ME is a much better feeling IMHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i remember bustn not having any problems pulling a 12.xx ET on his 22" wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by PIMPALA. yes, i am THAT pimpala.:
i remember bustn not having any problems pulling a 12.xx ET on his 22" wheels.

I said 10's, not 12's
.... besides, I can hit 12's with my 22's as well.... from the top of my driveway to the bottom

And I agree Joe, I'd rather be slow choppin' showing off my s**t rather than wearing my s**t out. If I did drag race, it'd be the slowest 1/4 mile b/c I wouldn't go over 20

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had no problem spinning the [email protected]#t out of my Deuces and I have the brake bolt mod. From a dead stop I could do it too without my heavy [email protected]@ speaker box in the trunk..... Hell, Evo (Impholla) got sideways coming out the shop on Deuces with a Herter tune...

Bottom line Imp, Cappy, or Fleet, just needs to be on point as far as repairs or tune-ups and you can still do the damn thang! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.