Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original thread is getting pretty darn big for those with standard dialups, so out of respect here's another thread to add more pics.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's MauriSSio's (Senior Member, Member #478, San Jose, CA) cool red Caprice! I will have to do it in two posts, since the limit is 8 pics/post.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the liberty of lowering the car in the last pic, and SS'ed the rear quarter window just for fun. Looks great sittin' low!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ghost:
The original thread is getting pretty darn big for those with standard dialups, so out of respect here's another thread to add more pics.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, for someone complaining about the length of a thread, you sure added some big pictures. :D :D

Anyway. I can agree with what you're saying though, so if I post again, I'll just post a new message. Any thread more than a couple people is gonna be hard on the dialup users.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks MUCH better lower,that is something i'll definately have to attend to! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by andrew9C1:
Wow, for someone complaining about the length of a thread, you sure added some big pictures. :D :D

Anyway. I can agree with what you're saying though, so if I post again, I'll just post a new message. Any thread more than a couple people is gonna be hard on the dialup users.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at my first post again, I deleted the award pic to save some space, but my Super Chevy Show car pic is the same size as any one of MauriSSio's if you'd check. :rolleyes: Mine is physically bigger but maintains a reasonable footprint for it's size. I posted MauriSSio's on his behalf by request. And I wasn't complaining, I started these threads.
We have some cool Caprices and I want to see 'em!
Post away!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he photoshoped that pic to make the car look lowered.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you are right :( I did not look at the picture closely enough...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got some pictures online! A website will follow but here's some pics for now:

I'll let you all know when my site is online.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Carlton, glad you got some pics up! I have to admit, I know nothing about Caprices in other countries. Are there any differences with those in the US? Any tighter pollution controls that rob performance? GM parts must be a bitch to get locally too, huh?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There was an export version (see the 'export taillight' thread in the Exterior section) but most Caprices here are regular American spec.
The only things changed by the importer are the front sidemarkers, which are rewired to function only as turn signals, and they put a white bulb in the park/turn signal in the headlights.
Other than that, they're like an American car.
Pollution controls have actually been really lax here until about 5 years ago.
Evenso, it would be legal for me to remove the cat on the Caprice (and so I will :D), the Omega never even had one and runs on leaded gasoline.

Parts are available (once you know where to look, anyway) but they do cost a LOT more than in the US. :(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by booth9c1ss:
my 1995<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that looks clean! What's next on your mod list? Want me to lower it for you in Photoshop? I have no life, so it's not a problem. :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is my 94 DGGM Caprice SS clone
What do you think?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great man! You did a nice job!

Do those engine bay braces really help?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure ghost but I think they look really cool,These are not the best pictures of the engine but I just now figured out how to post..will post better ones later...Thanks for the compliment on my car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts