761 - 780 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
fell in love with my car all over again with this pic

·
Registered
89 Posts

Glad to see the last 3 posts are from ARIZONA, we need to link up get INC a little bigger out here more active!

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Quite the no-nonsense look there. Olds bumper and widened rears never fail to please. Please share how you got dark corners for matching your (same as my) SStreetlights.

Reactions: popo8

·
Registered
832 Posts
The thick smoked film patches were an option when I bought the SStreetlight set. I painted the perimeters of the lenses flat black to match and blend better. I imagine 3M makes this type of film still. Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here are some of mine.

·
Registered
948 Posts

LTX tech.com is my drug

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
The thick smoked film patches were an option when I bought the SStreetlight set. I painted the perimeters of the lenses flat black to match and blend better. I imagine 3M makes this type of film still. Thanks.
I got the complete head & sidemarker films in clear with my order, and then installed only the front pieces. Your work hits the mark especially at distance. I installed aftermarket clear sidemarkers to replace the originals and am holding out for a way to black out the inner housing to really match the mains.

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Here are some of mine.
Novel look. Some background on how you went about the monochrome? Did you just do beltline molding delete and paint the trim &bumpers?

I'm picturin' up the total new vision for my BUW '96, and it'll DEFINITELY include 'correcting' the hideously miss-shapened and uncentered square front wells.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Novel look. Some background on how you went about the monochrome? Did you just do beltline molding delete and paint the trim &bumpers?

I'm picturin' up the total new vision for my BUW '96, and it'll DEFINITELY include 'correcting' the hideously miss-shapened and uncentered square front wells.
The belt line and rockers are deleted although this hearse actually was delivered with black lower stainless. And yes the bumpers are painted but there will be much more body mods to the bumpers and rear body.

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
The belt line and rockers are deleted although this hearse actually was delivered with black lower stainless. And yes the bumpers are painted but there will be much more body mods to the bumpers and rear body.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/FTSS/NoChrome1.jpg

Interesting. There's a good deal of 'unfinished business' left when all the lowers are removed. Did you do metal patchwork on the doors and skirt area to flush up the lines?

What do you have in mind for the bumpers? And the rear pray tell.

·
Registered
459 Posts
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/FTSS/NoChrome1.jpg

Interesting. There's a good deal of 'unfinished business' left when all the lowers are removed. Did you do metal patchwork on the doors and skirt area to flush up the lines?

What do you have in mind for the bumpers? And the rear pray tell.
No metal work on the doors although it is needed as they are rusted on the bottoms. The rear lower rockers are worked as there was a weird cut in and flange at the bottom. I fiber glassed that all in and smooth. The entire rear quarter and roof on this car is glass so that is cool. The car will have full skirts as far down as I can get away with. The front bumper won't be much more than filling the top to go back to the lights and grill and smoothing it out mostly with a better custom light treatment. The rear body work bumper is a secret for now. But will be radical.

761 - 780 of 804 Posts