Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To sort of get some good posts in this section, I'm going to try to start some Fleetwood-only specific pictures. Hopefully, we can all participate, and we'll get a good group of Fleetwood threads out of it. If not, then it's just a dumb idea, but probably not my worst of all time.

Anyway, this one is for Fleetwood engine pics--nothing else.

[ 01-29-2007, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Revoh ]

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^Holy crap! I have never seen such a clean and glimmering '93 underhood :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Revoh:
Hey! I thought I was the only Fleet owner who put a Caddy logo on home plate. Is it one of the emblems that was originally behind the rear windows? That's where mine came from.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think that was a top emblem. Seems like I got that off of an old Cadillac license plate I had hanging around. Maybe I just bought it somewhere. I don't remember.

I was going for the STS-V engine cover look. That's why I repainted the resonator gloss black and silver like that. I don't know if anyone even gets it, but I kind of like it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, Chris. What is your Homeplate hole cover made from?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The home plate cap cover is actually a center cap off the newer CTS's. It used to be chrome and looked kinda weird so I painted the back of it black and left the Caddy emblem chrome. I was bored one day at work and found it laying around and it just looked like the perfect touch, and it fit perfect to!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got my resonator plug so did this tonight.

Like the TB cover? Here is a pic of the two I made.
Still need to remove the home plate bracket and get some 'Vette rail covers.

[ 01-30-2007, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: DBeaSSt ]

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by caddyguy109:
^^Holy crap! I have never seen such a clean and glimmering '93 underhood :eek:
I agree! Mine looks stock :( ;)

When I put the new engine in (1046 x 784)
http://people.virginia.edu/~mec2d/fleetwood/DSC00295.JPG

Pretty much what it looks like now (1046 x 784)
http://people.virginia.edu/~mec2d/fleetwood/DSC00316.JPG

I STILL haven't started it!!! I bought a Mazda Protege as a beater car, which needs a headgasket. No kidding, the day I got it working well enough to drive daily my girlfriend's car died. My Fleetwood will have its break-in day very very soon

Amazing looking cars, guys! Definitely saving these images :cool:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some really pretty motorbays above.
:cool:
Nothing fancy on mine. Just imagine AIR Delete, an SSRI and a homeplate stuck on to fill in the top a little more.

I got a digital camera finally, now all I need is a new enough computer to take the software for it.

:(

You guys have given me ideas for using up a few of those emblems I shaved off.
;)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang Bob, I see your stepping up your technology game with some new fangled toys. Keep it up, maybe sometime before the end of the decade you'll have broadband instead of dail-up...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the props guys !!! Engine bay cleaning and detailing is one of my fortes
;)

I keep most of my vehicles looking this way all the time .. ready for a show pretty much any day of the week..

Kenny

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you guys have some beautiful cars.

MIKE!!!!! YOU GOT A CADDY?! awe man... you guys are killin me. i was behind one at the BK drivethru tonite thinkin... will that fit in the garage with the 3 caprices?

it's official... my next purchase will be a FLEETWOOD!

you guys are killin my savings account.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts