Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...also any advice on installing it, I git a used one so I have no instructions.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I want one. And a new rear bumper. :) More pictures from everyone

·
Registered
53 Posts
there shouldn't be any holes that you have to drill when i took my stock spoiler off all i had to do to install it was open up the factory holes a bit more. Also good luck with the Langness spoiler its not as easy as it sounds my langness was not shaped very well and my painter had to do ALOT of fiberglass work to it so that it looked half decent on the car.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
there shouldn't be any holes that you have to drill when i took my stock spoiler off all i had to do to install it was open up the factory holes a bit more. Also good luck with the Langness spoiler its not as easy as it sounds my langness was not shaped very well and my painter had to do ALOT of fiberglass work to it so that it looked half decent on the car.

Hey Danny, how much did your painter tax you for the work (paint and instal)?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sup Dave, the painter was a hook up through a friend he charged me $230 to paint and fiberglass. At first I thought it was a bit high but after I saw how it would have looked on the car before he shaped it there was no way I was gonna put it on like that.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Sup Dave, the painter was a hook up through a friend he charged me $230 to paint and fiberglass. At first I thought it was a bit high but after I saw how it would have looked on the car before he shaped it there was no way I was gonna put it on like that.
Good to know. Thanx

Also get BabyBlue to get a sig done for you. Post that beauty! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey babyblue, I noticed that measurement chart only has the info for the inner two bolt holes, my langness has 2 more toward the ends of the spoiler. I'm just trying to avoid hacking up my trunk by drilling in the wrong spot and the spoiler not sitting right.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
hey babyblue, I noticed that measurement chart only has the info for the inner two bolt holes, my langness has 2 more toward the ends of the spoiler. I'm just trying to avoid hacking up my trunk by drilling in the wrong spot and the spoiler not sitting right.
yeah i know, i found that out after i mounted mine, it sticks somewhat up on both ends, i 3md it all but it still sticks up a lil, from what i was told, some sanding may be required to completely level it out, but just like mad1996ss, its gonna require some work to make it fit 100% I also noticed the same thing on a few other members ride who have this spoiler as well

are the langness and the Street Trends "performance spoiler" the same thing?
no the langness spoiler is supposed to be a lil thinner the the performance spoiler

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I notched the bottom of the spoiler and lined up the fins with body lines on the side of the car, but not the trunk body line.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts