Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

641 - 660 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
MOOG 5662 up front, stock SS springs out back with AirLift bags. And custom reverse lettering BFG tires ;)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Oil pan is fine....but I have bent one crossmember and shattered a tail shaft housing off the tranny once before. Front currently has two twist-in knuckles to hold it up so I can turn. When I take them out it drops another 1/2-3/4" and wont turn on new wheels. On stocks and my old irocs would turn just fine. Offset on my asantis seems to be too far foward. I gave them numbers I wanted but of course they built what they know "works" for an impala. Stock impala yea but not a slammed one.

Maybe try spring insulators up top all around to get that extra 3/8 - 1/2" clearance before switching out the springs. How's your oil pan?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I will figure something out. Whether it's changing out springs. Cutting up inner fenders or selling a kidney for an accuair air management system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
wheels

Hi 214 Texas.What brand wheels are those.I have something similar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
wheels.

Its amazing what we will spend on these cars.LOL.Car looks great.

·
Registered
11,545 Posts
MOOG 5662 up front, stock SS springs out back with AirLift bags. And custom reverse lettering BFG tires ;)

I noticed that you have the special order reverse operating wipers as well.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Oil pan is fine....but I have bent one crossmember and shattered a tail shaft housing off the tranny once before. Front currently has two twist-in knuckles to hold it up so I can turn. When I take them out it drops another 1/2-3/4" and wont turn on new wheels. On stocks and my old irocs would turn just fine. Offset on my asantis seems to be too far foward. I gave them numbers I wanted but of course they built what they know "works" for an impala. Stock impala yea but not a slammed one.
Here's a pic of what someone else did to accommodate the low rider clearance/rubbing issue.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Here's a pic of what someone else did to accommodate the low rider clearance/rubbing issue.

Thanks.....What did you use to make cuts? Dremel? Any issues with water? Is that lip rolled on the actual fender itself?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here is my Cadillac Hearse.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
H&R Springs with adjustable shocks.Soon to be Accuair and ridetech.

Attachments

641 - 660 of 666 Posts