Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

When I bought my RMS, the stock power antenna would not go up all the way or rather it would fall down to half it's length. I went to the junk yard and found a replacement antenna, but it was from a Lincoln town car. The antenna looked to be the same and it matched up perfectly to the hole in the rear fender. I removed the electrical square connector thing that was attached to to the original antenna (held on by one screw) and attached it to the new one. Well, The reception is horrible with the junk yard antenna. The antenna goes up and down just like it should. I made sure the lead power is connected securely to the antenna, but that doesn't seem to help at all; the radio will not find a sigle station when I press the seek/scan button or turn manually..... what gives?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
The coaxial cable may not be making contact with the antenna. That is how the radio gets the signal. If there is no signal on the coaxial center lead, you will not get any radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.