Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where, and yest I did a search under 'antenna' and found no info.

I know though that somewhere I saw info on keeping the damn power antenna down when you are listening to a CD.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try your search in Electrical. It involves an override switch. Use my member number on the search and you'll get the threads I've posted in about my own switch, but there are others that I've not posted in I'm sure.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the impression that the power antenna wire from the stereo dropped it when a CD was inserted. It does that on my Alpine unit. . . Maybe a loose connection in the install?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some head units have the ability to lower the antenna. Mine does not, so a switch was the answer. The radio is still handy for weather reports.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the green wire on the plug on the back of the radio. Just cut it and run it to a switch. I put mine in that empty area under the headlight switch.
Drop me an EMail if I can add anything else

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that sounds pretty simple. While my brother was getting his system installed for $180, I told them to fix the ant and they said "there is no way to do that". I knew he just didn't know how. BE HONEST DUDE!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't feel like pullin' the radio back out? Trace the green wire back from under the hood at the antenna, it runs behind the right kick panel before going over to the radio. Installed my "cancel" switch inside the slot to the left of the steering wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts