Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my battery kept draining in a couple hours. I removed the power seat breaker from fuse box now all is ok. Where should i start to look for the issue. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I would look at the switches. If any of them are not fully releasing, it could cause a current drain.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
The Power Seat Circuit is pretty straightforward and here is the Schematic for that to help trace out wires if needed. I built my own P/S harness when I added this feature to my car using the Pigtails and Power Rails from a donor. Make sure the Seat Switch at least works in all positions and is not keeping the motor(s) energized.

http://www.goldsswagon.com/diagrams/impala_seat.pdf

Keep in mind that you could quickly eliminate the Seat Motors by just unplugging the Seat rail and see if you can isolate the issue to 1 of the rails. If there is still a draw on that circuit then start checking the wiring from connector pin to connector pin. there really isn't many to check. I doubt anything is shorted to ground cause you'd most likely be popping the fuse. The harness should come from the Door A-Pillar to the rocker area and about half way point of the door where it then goes under the seat, over the trans tunnel to the pass seat and then the same path on the pass side to the switch in the pass door. This harness is all wrapped up in the over all harness so forget trying to find it. Just pin out the wires.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the circuit breaker i pulled was thr pwrrecl. Seats are fine. What is on this breaker. Sorry and thanks

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Actually the circuit breaker i pulled was thr pwrrecl. Seats are fine. What is on this breaker. Sorry and thanks

confused what you're asking/saying :smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts