Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, Im new to the B-body. Where is the best place to run two 4 gauge wires through the firewall? Is there a grommet somewhere or am I going to be drilling? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Most likely you will be drilling, but there are a couple of locations that come to mind, there is a grommet on the drivers side that you could drill into and feed the wires through, but you would have to run the wire from the passenger side of the engine bay to the drivers side. But the easiest way to get to this grommet in the engine bay is to pull the fenderwell out. Now on the passenger you could find a spot on that side, but I would suggest pulling the fenderwell as well, it just makes for a cleaner installation.

THere is a picture in this thread that is a great idea on an unbelievable build.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=2329255

And another
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=2190485

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
there is a spot right by the passenger kick thats perfect, right by the fuse box and harness, where the passenger exhaust manifold comes close to the firewall, im going to use that one when i run my wire. an use bigger wire, wouldnt wanna have to pull it out when u realize 4gauge isnt going to push the power u need to get the car sounding off

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im running (2) 4 gauges, thanks for the replies, Ill read those links

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got all my other wires ran today. Was looking at the passenger side of the car and didnt really see any good places. I guess Ill run it across the back of the firewall and through the grommet on the drives side. Unless, I can find this grommet near the passenger side exhaust manifold. Im just worried that it will be behind the heater box and be tough to fish it through?????????

If none of the above work the dual 4 gauge is going down the inside of the frame rail to the back seat area and coming through the body there.:confused:

·
Registered
444 Posts
ON my car there is a tube that come throught the fire wall that goes no where. It is so if the heater core leaks the coolant it will drain out of it. Stay below that and you should be good. Or you can run it through the frame rail. That is what I did because I didn't want 4 run of 1/0 ran through the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts