Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellas, I'm getting ready to finally upgrade the tunes in my car and its been years since I've thought of better sound. To give you an idea how long its been, we use to buy a equalizer/amp in one and ran it to a reverberator?, then to the speakers and we thought we were the cats a*s.
I have a Pioneer deck,which I may upgrade after watching the how-to's on the double dins. I'm going with Polk Audio 6 1/2 components mounted in pods in the front doors, and Cadence 6x9 for the back deck. I've got a Pioneer 4 channel amp to run those speakers. I'm not after a thumping sub system, I listen to is classic rock. I'm leaning towards the low-profile powered sub similar to Pyle PLBASS8 8" , I don't know one from another quality wise. I don't want to give up any trunk space and I thought about mounting it above the spare tire, I've heard of folks mounting them under back seats....... How bout some ideas?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sub Woofer

I am using a Bazooka Tube model 8250 in my Caprice wagon. Sounds good but not overpowering. I tried a model 10250 Bazooka tube and it was too much.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You might also check into the Infinity Basslink. Heard good things about it as well. Pretty compact!!;)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I put an Infiniti basslink in my roadmaster. Install was very simple, and the unit doesn't take up much space in the trunk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would get a custom box built....and stick with a major manufacturer like JL, Rockford, etc. They all make small flat woofers these days that are much better than the powered all in one boxes that you are looking at.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm running 2 of the 12" fli audio acid series in the single woofer boxes. They're made by vibe audio which is a big company outside of the us. They are fairly large and take up a bit of space but they tuck up into the sides of the trunk nicely making the amount of usable space very reasonable. After there break in period they hit pretty hard and sound very clean. I suggest getting grills for them though. I picked mine up at sonicelectronix.com for $80 a piece

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the infinity bass link in a couple of my cars was very impressed with the bass delivery in such a small package. However with such a large car that we have not sure it would be as effective I had it in smaller sedans and a hatchback sounded great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts