Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freshly rebuilt PowerMaster CS144 200A alternator for 94-96 B-body: $225.00

I bought this Powermaster 200A alternator two years ago. A couple of months ago, with barely 2000 miles on it, one of the two bolts that holds the two halves of the case together backed out, causing case mis-slignment and allowing the rotor to rub on the inside of the stator, and shorting out the alternator. It fried everything inside. I sent it back to PM for repair. They replaced everything inside with new components - stator, rotor, votage regulator, rectifier, etc. It does show a little wear on the outside, but it is brand new inside. It has not even been back on the car - still in the PM shipping container.

I just don't need a 200A alternator. I don't have anything pushing anywhere near that amperage on my car, so I am going to leave the stock 140A unit on my car. I thought maybe someone with a high-powered sound system could make better use of it.

This alternator sells new at Summit Racing Equipment for $349.95 plus shipping and hanlding.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWM-48112

I am offerring this newly refurbished one at $225 pick up or $250 shipped UPS Ground. I will deliver to SSHS10 in Commerce, GA next weekend for the "pick up" price of $225. Note that while all new inside, it is not a "new" unit and therefore doesn't have a warranty.

Note: With this much amperage, it would be a very good idea to upgrade your battery.alternator wiring with the Innovative wiring upgrade kit:
http://www.innovativewiring.com/ChevyProductPage2/ChevyCarsPage2/ChevyImpalaPage.htm

·
Registered
932 Posts
Layaway!!

Terry,

Ya got Lay-a-way??

Just bought a elect. water pump kit with W/P housing this week on the forum. I'd like to have it but funds are low this week. $100 down? balance after the 13th?? I plan on being at SSHS10.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allen - You've got a PM.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts