Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allrite I need sum help with this one...this may seem like sacrilage to sum but here goes... I have a 1995 roadmaster 5.7 lt1 and 4l60e in my dd, it is a 1964 ford short bed truck...couldn't b happier with the swap but I am starting to have powersteering pump issues...from gittin prices and availability of pumps from different sources I am understand there are 3 different options available...but heres what I done and need...when I swapped out engine the powersteering pump has a sensor/fitting going into back of pump that holds the ps line and aids in sum sort of variable assist, that fitting has since started leaking, I guess I cause I had to shorten it, but I need this fitting that is not the sensor type...I have tried GM but I need to have a VIN # to get the replacement part...any one have any ideas where to get one with out going to recycling yard and spending half a day getting one....thanks...

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
allrite I need sum help with this one...this may seem like sacrilage to sum but here goes... I have a 1995 roadmaster 5.7 lt1 and 4l60e in my dd, it is a 1964 ford short bed truck...couldn't b happier with the swap but I am starting to have powersteering pump issues...from gittin prices and availability of pumps from different sources I am understand there are 3 different options available...but heres what I done and need...when I swapped out engine the powersteering pump has a sensor/fitting going into back of pump that holds the ps line and aids in sum sort of variable assist, that fitting has since started leaking, I guess I cause I had to shorten it, but I need this fitting that is not the sensor type...I have tried GM but I need to have a VIN # to get the replacement part...any one have any ideas where to get one with out going to recycling yard and spending half a day getting one....thanks...
you answered you own question . part picking time . make a list of what other parts you need .

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
...the powersteering pump has a sensor/fitting going into back of pump that holds the ps line and aids in sum sort of variable assist, that fitting has since started leaking, I guess I cause I had to shorten it, but I need this fitting that is not the sensor type...
If you can verify that it's a NV7 instead of a N40 (see here, post #8), then I've the complete unit. PM me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I have the NV7 pump with the actuator/sensor/ flow valve in the back...I DO NOT want to use this style of pressure/flow valve and want go to the N40 style pump and pressure/flow valve as I don't need the variable assist, and electronic part has been removed off computer...I am using a reprogrammed computer and a street and performance wiring harness and have no pigtail/plug in for it anyway. ok a couple more questions.... 1. Does the N40 pressure/flow valve have the same size threads/hole size as the NV7 's 90* banjo fitting where the p.s. high pressure hose screws in...I am assuming it is but u no what that does 2. Does the replacement pumps that comes from the auto parts houses come with the pressure/flow valve or does a person have to remove and re-use the 1 out of the pump that is being swapped out ? I am using adapter fiitings and s.s. braided line and AN hose ends and am wondering if I am gonna have to order another adapter fitting...thanks for all the info so far

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
No worries. That's why i post stuff like that up at the time. the hell if I'm ever going to be able to actually remember it. Get's to the point when you learn and forget more than...I digress.

Yeah, you transferred the access bracket from the roadie so you got all the roadie goodies, including the NV7. I doubt your Ford has the potentiometer, etc... installed :D, so you'll want to do similar to what i did and just swap in the N40 innards onto your existing pump. You'll need that 30mm deep well socket.

Your questions, in order:
1. yes. There is no difference between the pumps, so the fittings are all tapped the same.
2. Not certain, but would think comes w/. WAY too much liability leaving that up to joe citizen. However, admittedly I haven't ever used a parts store unit, so someone else could offer a definitive answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I went to oriellys ordered all 3 pumps so I could look at all 3 side by side...my biggest concern was if they came with the flow valves or not(oriellys couldn't tell me and their pix didn't show...ive always found used pumps that had all parts on them, 1st gen pump style) cause I didn't want to have to reuse the 1 I have cause I didn't want to use or need that style valve and gives me a lil more working room down behind the pump. my other concern was if the fitting size in the non electric flow valve was the same size as in the electric flow valve with the 90* banjo fitting...it is the same size and seal type...I am using a 5/8 (16mm x 1.5) steel adapter that converts to -6 AN 90* swivel hose end for braided line to my '85 t-bird power rack...I really wasn't looking forward to having to order a new fitting(s), change a bunch of stuff or spend more money here at Christmas time...thanks !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.