Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting together stuff to completely rebuild the front end on my car, and noticed that PPM has available delrin/Aluminum bushings which are similar to Global West's Del-A-Lum setup.

Has anyone installed them? I'm curious to know if the bushing collars have accommodations for zerk fittings like the Global West pieces do.

I've emailed/messaged them inquiring about it but have yet to get a reply.

Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
They do have tapped holes to install the included zerk fittings. When you press them into the control arms, make sure you will have access to them with a grease gun.

I had an issue with the PPM kit where the aluminum housings were much too large to press into the lower control arm holes. I was able to turn them down on a lathe, so I didn't inquire further with PPM, but it's something you may want to check out.

·
Registered
944 Posts
bump..
i am also looking to get this kit and would like to know how much of a difference im going to feel from factory

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan,
I had them installed in my 9C1, and I loved them. They totally reduced body roll to a minimum, and stiffened up the suspension nicely.

That's the reason I'm going to install them in the Civilian, I was just curious about PPM's setup, because it is recommended to grease the bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts