Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stumbled on this while perusing ebay for Fleetwood related brake stuff, (I swear Goodridge used to make a stainless braided kit for it a few years back and someone on here has been looking for a kit, but so far I think I just hallucinated that they existed). Anyways, thought it was interesting and possibly useful to someone. I also found it odd that it only lists '95-96 Fleetwoods? Is there some significant difference in the brakes for the '93-94 Fleetwoods.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-1996-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Sedan-Mid-Chassis-Brake-Line-Set-Stainless-Steel-3p/192359273598?fits=Year:1996|Model:Fleetwood&epid=10010749574&hash=item2cc981947e:g:L~oAAOSwnFFaoY48

And they also appear to have the rear hard lines for all years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1996-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Sedan-4-Wheel-DISC-Rear-Axle-Line-Set-Stainless-2pc/202108134000?fits=Year:1994|Model:Fleetwood&epid=8010756229&hash=item2f0e956270:g:PeYAAOSwnCxaoY52

Edit: OK, I think they actually have all possible hard lines, I'll just include a link to the Fleetwood brake line search I just did in their store.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=motorcitymusclecar&LH_PrefLoc=&_from=R40&_trksid=p2499338.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcadillac+fleetwood.TRS0&_nkw=cadillac+fleetwood&_sacat=0

Premium Member
I would be very cautious when it comes to the Fleetwood--the last FW chassis had 4-wheel ABS, and 2 hoses ran from the frame to the rear axle to independently control the rear wheels during ABS activation.

The photos in the links showing FW axle hard lines for disc brakes are NOT for 4-channel ABS--what is shown is made to meet in a tee fitting, same as B-body 3-channel ABS, and will not work. The inner end of the right & left hard lines for the disc conversion kit I have offered are bent to correctly meet at the top of the diff housing to align with a bracket as used in the production (drum) brake configuration, with the OE rear disc from B-body piping shape at the outer end.

The hard lines in the ebay ad are from Inline Tube, a Detroit area supplier. I've worked with them in the past, but do not recall whether they made the FW conversion lines for me, or if it was Classic Tube....it's been awhile.

Updated with photos showing the difference in the axle hard lines for Fleetwood (4-channel ABS) conversion vs the standard (3-channel ABS) hard lines as used on B-body.

First photo - Upper lines for Fleetwood show the bends to meet the bracket to connect to the hoses going to the frame--left line uses the 12mm (green) ferrule fitting. Lower lines are for the standard tee junction on B-body.

Second photo - Classic Tube part numbers for the Impala SS & Caprice 9C1 (with rear disc) hard lines - SS in the PN means stainless steel material

Attachments

Registered

Registered
Check, and good intel on the two hoses being swapped end-for-end to keep from connecting to the opposite sides. I bet that would lead to pretty strange operation!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts