Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my rebuilt LT1 sitting on a stand, been together for about a year and used a good assembly lube when it was done. I want to bolt the intake on so its all complete, but wondering if i should manually prime the pump first. Obviously ill have to find a standard chevy oil filter adaptor to do it on the stand. Will this be worth the effort because it may continue to sit on the stand for a month or 2 before i put it in the car. The other way i was thinking i could do it just crank prime it with the injectors unplugged prior to firing it

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
fwiw, I used to work in the transport refrigeration dept of a large poultry company and we did full rebuilds of the reefer units including the diesel 4 cyl engines (usually isuzu).
anyhow we would rebuild the engines as spares where they might sit for a few months to a year or more, we assembled with lithium grease and later switched to moly assembly lube.
when it was time to install them, we cranked them over with fuel off until oil pressure built up, then started them.
never had a problem.
ymmv cwm4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts