Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question: I just ordered the full front end poly-graphite rebuild kit from Power Performance and it comes with the standard idler arm. Should I just pitch it and go get the "Problem Solver" Moog unit? It's only $40 bucks or so and if it makes a big difference, I may as well go get it before I start...

Thanks for the advice!!!

Tim

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know what the idler that comes with the kit looks like, but I do know that the stock arms rarely last long before developing play. I'd probably get a Moog and ebay the one that comes in the kit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are all over this stuff Wayne!!! Your reply posted 3 minutes after my post... That's gotta be some sort of record! :D I think I'll go get the problem solver on the way home. Can't wait til' everything is done. Maybe I'll use it as an excuse to update my sig with all of the stuff I've done recently... :rolleyes:

I LOVE this forum!!!

Thanks,
T

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure someone has posted a reply in the same minute. Just got lucky...

I need to update mine as well... Won't let me leave the all links in though. :(

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Problem Solver" is a Moog trademark, that is used on many of their suspension part packaging.
The 'enhansed design' Idler Arm you want, is PN K6187T. All PN's with "T" at end of number is "enhansed design".

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All PN's with "T" at end of number is "enhansed design
And since they charge the same price for the "T" and non="T" parts, it behooves you to get the "T."

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Wayne Bengston:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> All PN's with "T" at end of number is "enhansed design
And since they charge the same price for the "T" and non="T" parts, it behooves you to get the "T."
</font>[/QUOTE]I Had the foresight to check this when I Ordered my recent Complete "Front end Rebuild" kit from Performance Suspension. As it turns out, they were going to send me the standard Idler Arm until I Requested the Moog problem Solver PN K6187T Idler arm. Cost Dif between the 2 Arms???? ZERO! Makes the builder a "Happy Camper".

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the "t" stands for truck? Same geometry though.

Peter

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I tried to find the "T" version locally yesterday to no avail
. Looks like I will be waiting a few extra days to do my suspension rebuild. I am gonna call around some more today. If needed, I will call PST or ??? (find somebody on the web) and have one shipped for Monday delivery. Oh well, another "learning experience" under the belt...

Thanks again,
T

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well.... just ordered one from NAISSO. I'll have it by Tuesday and will be driving around in a much "tighter" rig by Friday... WooHoo!!!

T

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a couple of places that carry Moog here in Colorado Springs, but they all said "special order only" and said it would be late next week before I would see it... Oh well, this gave me an excuse to buy something from another of our "specialized" suppliers... ;) This will give me a chance to answer another one of those "what is this NAISSO charge on the credit card - is that another Impala thing?" questions from my wife. I've had a lot of those questions lately!!! :D

T

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey - I just noticed that I jumped from "junior" to "senior" member status on this thread! WooHoo!!! It's kinda like the old Steve Martin scene in "The Jerk" when he saw his name in the new phone book for the first time... Good way to start the weekend...

T

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Summit racing carries MOOG.
K6187T is $26.39 (plus $8.95 handling charge).
If you are ordering more stuff, it is a good deal.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"T" at end of number = enhanced design.
Or call Federal Mogul[parent company] for final word.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts