Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired up the cornering lights by following the instructions i found here on the forum. When i turned on the left turn signal, the cornering light blinked with it. When i turned on the right one it did nothing. Does anyone know what my problem might be? This is on a 95 Caprice.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Check your ground, and the wiring again. You may have grounded the cornering light through the small turn signal.

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Only adding to have someone else put eyes on your work and routing. You can be looking right at the cross-up and not see it. It's out there but you might be lucky for the right side and it's a bad bulb????

Curious what changed to necessitate re-wiring in the first place.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It's a real easy add. Did it to my 95 too. You should have just needed two taps for the wires going to the connector near the air cleaner. One for left other for right. Then just ground the other side of the bulbs to the body.
Probably tapped wrong wires. orange black sounds familiar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your ground, and the wiring again. You may have grounded the cornering light through the small turn signal.
Grounded to the body. Didnt touch the small turn signal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only adding to have someone else put eyes on your work and routing. You can be looking right at the cross-up and not see it. It's out there but you might be lucky for the right side and it's a bad bulb????

Curious what changed to necessitate re-wiring in the first place.
The car didnt come with them. Brand new sockets and bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts