Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 1994 Roadmaster Estate wagon aligned twice within the past year. The most recent was done by a renowned frame shop in Chicago. No worn parts. New front shocks and centerlink shock absorber. Tire inflation is at 32 lbs.

If the road is even slightly crowned, the car drifts to the right and even on flat roads sometimes. Weird thing is that sometimes it's perfectly fine and doesn't pull at all. I've been around cars my whole life and cannot figure this out. This is driving me crazy and I'm crazy enough already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What are the size of wheels/tires. Might help with someone helping to diagnose.

I have this a little when I had the Impala SS wheels and tires. Wider tires are worse for this, and certain brands are also thought to be worst.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Tire size is factory size. I was at the frame shop today with my other car for an alignment and the owner suggested rotating tires fron to back and see what happens. Might be a tire on it's way out ? Brakes are all new with calipers etc., but I can't help but wonder if anything in the anti-lock system could cause this ? DOH !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure...I can ALWAYS tell ehen my abs kicks in. Other than having someone very good with suspension inspecting everything, I'm not sure what I could tell you. Last time I had my stock wheels on I had no drifting issues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If alighnment shop says its at spec's then it's your tire's or a tire. Switch tire's from front to back and try . I had the same problem, just after an alighnment, went to Tampa and everything Ok,but on return trip car drifting to the left and got worst. After moving rear tire's to front problem went away, but after awhile noticed when braking that car would seem to pulsate and woble when stoping. changed all four tires,found one with a large defect in the tread area[cord separation?] New tire's are Firestone 500's and are great! Tracks true and are Quiet

MIKE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.