Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has always been a pain finding parts for my 93. They parts stores always try to give my front wheel drive parts. I have been to Napa, AutoZone and Pep boys looking for the correct hose, with no luck. I bought a hose from a 94 hoping to make it work but it wont. Not only do the bends not match up, the diameter for the 94 is bigger than the one that came off of my car. The hose comes out of the driverside bottom, runs along the backside of the radiator in some plastic channels and connects beside the crank pulley. Please help. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Here is a pic of what came of my car and what I got from PepBoys.

IMG_0971 by http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems that the hose is 1" inside diameter, and I cant even find universal flexible hoses less than 1 1/4". It would suck to have to buy I $90 flexible universal hose to replace a $10 part, but I'll do it to get this thing back on the road. I just can't find one small enough.

·
Registered
495 Posts
do they show a different hose for 92 or 91 years? They had the same frame and same motor, maybe 93 confuses them since its a changeover year

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
One can always cut,and sleeve a hose in the proper diameter to get the ends to point where they need to go. This example from my Impala. I wanted the lower hose up alongside the radiator's tank more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the passenger side hose. This car has more radiator tubing than any car I have ever seen.

Cletus, thanks, I think I will try that if I can find some 1 inch hose.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Rock Auto has the single best parts lookup I've ever found, and they're a supporter of this forum: http://www.rockauto.com/

According to their lookup the lower hose is a 1.25" ID. They list the following part numbers:

Gates: 22023
Goodyear: 62554
AC Delco: 22286M

I've ordered from them in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rock Auto has the single best parts lookup I've ever found, and they're a supporter of this forum: http://www.rockauto.com/

According to their lookup the lower hose is a 1.25" ID. They list the following part numbers:

Gates: 22023
Goodyear: 62554
AC Delco: 22286M

I've ordered from them in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

Yes that is the passenger side hose. There are two lower hoses. The one I need is 1" ID. I called a Cadillac Dealer this morning and found out that GM no longer makes this part, and according to their database, there are none left in the US. The part number is 14097801.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to CarQuest and got some 1 inch hose. I also had them order me a couple Gates Unicoils. Hopefully I will be leak free by the end of the day, or tomorrow at the latest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts