Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 6k miles on the Hotchkis springs(frt and back). Over past few months my front end has been dropping more and more. At first the car dropped as advertised but then people starting comenting on how low the car sits. I didn't realize it until my 295/50/15's started rubbing more while turning and over bumps. So I swapped in 245's and that cured the problem. But now the car is bottoming out even over small dips in the road. I'm really considering putting new stockers back in to level it out and am moving the battery to the trunk. Has anyone else had this problem with Hotchkis springs? The backs are OK. I also have QAL 12 way shocks set at "6" all around.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have seen someone with this same problem. We were on a SS cruise and ended up parked next to each other. My springs were just installed and his were about a year old. There was a noticable difference. His tires were definitely tucked (G-force). He also said he had rubbing problems. Maybe your rubber isolators came loose/fell out?
I havent read of anyone else with this problem either. But to tell you the truth, his drop looked good.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a thicker spring isolator available from Energy Suspension available to cure your problem. I am running the thicker one on my SS with the Hotchkis springs.

Part # 9.6120G /per pair $25 shipped

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hotchkis springs should have a lifetime warentee not to sag. Check with the place of purchase on what you should do.

Cory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts