Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a mobile body/paint guy that will come to my house and do some light sanding, mask, and primer the whole car in black primer with a pro spray gun/compressor for $260.

Is that a good price?

I thought twice against using rattle cans cause the coverage issues... ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I found a mobile body/paint guy that will come to my house and do some light sanding, mask, and primer the whole car in black primer with a pro spray gun/compressor for $260.

Is that a good price?

I thought twice against using rattle cans cause the coverage issues... ;)
sounds like a sweet deal to me.. i mean hes doin everything youd have to do to paint the car.. just aint applying the color part of the process.. primer is gona cost him almost that much.. i say its a little to cheap..id jump on it.. if thats what your tryin to do

·
Registered
340 Posts
i would be all over this if it was in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
690 Posts
souds great, ask what type of primer he is shooting

you should probably ask him for a lower price if you supply your own primer, such as a
2K ($120 - $140). I find it hard to believe that he is using any 2 stage product for that price and still make a profit.
unless it fell out the back of a truck

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
you should do some of the prep work...like sanding...

or if u dont trust him enough...maaco has paintjobs starting at 200 (it may be better than some random guy)...

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Finding a hobo living IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER would be better than maaco.

They shoot crap and do not care in any way about the job they do on your car. My clear coat is peeling off in places after only a few years.

Stick with the rattle cans as a backup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts