Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and searched and didn't find and answer, maybe i'm just blind...I just purachased my dream car, a 96 SS. Unfortunately, the dealer never recieved the stock remote when they bought it at the auction. I was told I could buy a remote and program it myself. So I'm picking the car up tomorrow and got the remote in the mail today. Can anybody help me out with some instructions on programming it? I couldn't seem to find the information anywhere else online either, I must be looking in the wrong places. Plus, I thought I'd sign up for the forum anyway since it seems to have everything and will get lots of future use. I'm getting an aftermarket alarm soon, but would like the keyless for the time being. Thanks so much.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Open the trunk. On the drivers side, up in the fender, is a small 2 pin plug. Have your remote ready. Short out the 2 pins with a screwdriver or key. The locks will cycle. Press the lock button on your remote. It should cyle again. Done.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
easy enough...thank you. a $20 remote on ebay and 3 seconds of my time was sure better than almot $200 at the dealer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts