Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this car since I was 17 and hate to part with it but its time. The car has been sitting for the last couple of years in the garage and recently my wife has complained so much I had to move it out side. I hate to see it sitting so it's time for a new home.

The car is a project car and needs some TLC. I haven't had the time or money over the last couple of years to maintain it like I would have liked.

Body of Car has 164,000ish odometer went out about 10K ago.

Miles on motor about 100
Motor: 383 cid(actual 385 if want to get technical)
Forged Eagle Crank
Forged H beam eagle rods
Forged SRP pistons -16cc dish
Ported LE2 heads with custom cam
CSI electric water pump with extra for spare
Ported intake mainfold
58mm throttle body
Mallory 685 ignition
Customer dual intake
Clear Image Jet Hot Coated Budget Headers
Pipes X pipe
Email PCMforless tune
100 Miles on transmission
performance built transmission from local builder with Edge 3000 stall converter

Black Z06 wheels 18x9" front and 18x10" rear with used tires. Bilstein lower shocks and sprint drop springs.

Interior has been done a custom black carpet and the seats black striped. Again the interior needs redone, it has been a long time since I have done anything to it.

AC has been deleted on the car but it runs great and drives. Tons of extra parts to go with it.I would trailer it unless you are local. I am sure I am missing a tone of stuff here but please feel free to ask questions.

Bottom line car is rough inside and out, but would make a great project car. Throw a new rear end in it and redone the interior and have a street cruiser with tons of torque. It would be a blast.

Price is $5,000 that is what I have in the motor alone. Buy the motor and get the car for free. Car is in Fayetteville, AR. Arkansas has a strong local impala club that one of them could come and check it out for you if you would like.

If I don't sell it soon I am going to start parting it out in a few months. I just don't have the time or place to pull parts off of it right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will clean it up some this weekend and take some better pictures.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more of inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
56 Posts
What exactly needs to be done for the car to be complete. I see that you say it needs a new rear end is that just to handle the power or is it blown out?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No the limited slip is shot though on the rear end and would need to be replaced. It works fine as long as you don't mind only one wheel spinning.

Car runs and drives fine it needs only small stuff to be done and those would be preferences. Me personally I would like to see the car in tip top shape and get a new rear end and redone the interior.

Remember the motor and transmission have been broken in but they only have a few miles on them. I am sure there are going to have to be some bugs that have to be worked out. The tune will probably need to be tweaked since it is a email 383 tune.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SOLD!!!!

after 11 years it was sad to see it go!

Great new owner though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts