Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Finally getting off my ass and getting this thing done. I got a new job a few months back and my hours aren't the best. Weeks seem to fly by and when the weekend comes working on a car is the last thing i want to do. BUT I have an obligation and a good friend to take care of so here we go. This is also a clean up of the last system. Wiring was descent in the trunk but maaan did they hack the rear deck and front doors.

Parts list

Alpine Double Din With The DetailSS AWESOME Doouble Din kit
Alpine ERE-G180 He loves these things, Probably owns like 5 of them LOL
Crescendo C1100.4 on mids
Crescendo BC2000D
Hertz ESK Components in the front doors which he had
Hertz 6x9 which he also had
Subs are a pair of Custom PSI Platform 1 subs
Wiring is Execution Audio 0 gauge Two runs, Scosche Interconnects
250 amp Alt
A pair of Kinetik HC600 batts in the trunk. bby batts :)
Box is a true 4th order bandpass tuned right around 48hz

Front doors when I took off the door panels

Rear Deck 6x9's with a HUGE gap. I believe they moved them over to make the bos that was in the car fit.

This one was just loose back there.

Remember that big ass hole? Now covered by the speaker adapter plate and some Raammat.

Driverside

DetailSS DD kit glued in.

Test Fit

About 95% Complete

Wiring harness for the HU. thats alot of wires LOL

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Beginning stages of the box. Using some Birch.

Test Fitting The first Baffle. Most anything I build Is all double baffle or Has good Bracing.

Good look of the box with the port built. Did I mention it was going to be ported through the rear deck?

Hmmm... That means I get to cut some sheet metal!

Port looks right at home.

At this point there some still wiring in the car so I wanted to test the box out. It plays LOOOOW. Down to 25hz with descent output.

Heres a quick ****ty video of the box moving some air.

http://youtu.be/UPo3NPt9tYc

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SOOOOO Took everything out and gutted the car.

Carpeted the trunk.

Also replaced the interior carpet. Need to clean up the center console carpet though.

Got the box primed as it will have plexiglass installed.

Kind of hard to see but used Grey/white trunk spatter paint and it looks great with color scheme we/re going with.

Introduced the box back in the trunk. Playing with amp placement.

Got the rear 6x9 issue Solved.

Here are the BIG 3 wires and the two power wire runs Techflxed, and the ring terminals soldered on.

I guess we'll see what I else I get done this weekend.

Oh and here is some Woofer Pr0n!!

Custom Big Sexy Logo with PSi Signature pink star.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Im too olde now for car thumping but that looks dam goode and a huge improvement from the hack shop work.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im too olde now for car thumping but that looks dam goode and a huge improvement from the hack shop work.
I have noticed that age doesn't really matter. While you might not be into loud bass some of the older guys appreciate good sound and usually buy more expensive equipment in order to achieve that better sound. There is a market for everyone :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
SOOOOO Took everything out and gutted the car.

Carpeted the trunk.

Also replaced the interior carpet. Need to clean up the center console carpet though.

Got the box primed as it will have plexiglass installed.

Kind of hard to see but used Grey/white trunk spatter paint and it looks great with color scheme we/re going with.

Introduced the box back in the trunk. Playing with amp placement.

Got the rear 6x9 issue Solved.

Here are the BIG 3 wires and the two power wire runs Techflxed, and the ring terminals soldered on.

I guess we'll see what I else I get done this weekend.

Oh and here is some Woofer Pr0n!!

Custom Big Sexy Logo with PSi Signature pink star.

i cant c pics....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Photobucket changed the ****en url address...

Here's the link to the album. If I can get access to edit my previous posts I can change the IMG tags to the correct link. They removed 3 characters from my original url address.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/WaTTsLOk187/library/BigNSexy

Here is a pic I havn't posted. The rear deck Beauty ring that will cover the port. Need to router the edges but you get an idea.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looking good. Always jealous of you guys with double dins. Always wanted one never had the courage to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts