1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Don't buy cars where the word rust appears anywhere including ad's, your inspection, etc. Not a $5,000 car, a dressed up rust bucket. Don't buy any car you have not personally driven. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't buy cars where the word rust appears anywhere including ad's, your inspection, etc. Not a $5,000 car, a dressed up rust bucket. Don't buy any car you have not personally driven. Good luck.
Yeah, it just turned into a 3K car. I'm negotiating with the buyer. I asked for some additional photos because it looks suspicious that of all the pictures taken, left out are the steering wheel, door panels- specifically the grab handles, drivers seat and odometer/speedometer.

He sent me those pictures and left out the grab handles, I asked for those pictures again, we'll see.

As far as the rust goes, what car these days don't have rust? albeit a little nervous when they admit to replacing parts of the floorboard and not showing pictures of that.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
"
As far as the rust goes, what car these days don't have rust? albeit a little nervous when they admit to replacing parts of the floorboard and not showing pictures of that. "

Cars from southern and western states. Mine has no rust and did its first 10 years in FL.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the photos. The door grabs are there. I thought for sure it was going to be some jacked up stuff.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked it up today, drove it all the way back from North North Cacklacky to DC. No problems, average speed was around 78. No police out for some reason, probably too damn hot.

I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. The steering wheel is in great shape, some of the blue is wearing off in the usual ares but its not chewed or gouged up. The rest of the interior was in good shape.

Runs fine, I could smell a little antifreeze coming out t he A/C vents and the A/C needed to charged. The usual stuff..

I still have not gone thru everything, but this was a risky purchase, if I crawl under the car later on this week and see daylight coming thru the floor I can only be mad at me. Even if the seller was a 'nice' guy, dont mean he wont nicely sell a piece of dooky on the internet.

But, I'd rather make bad decisions with cars instead of women:D

Pictures are forth coming, for now here it is being kept company by my 94 sporting new shoes.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts