Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my name is David. I do not own a W-Body car yet, but I have been looking at them for a while. I currently own a 98 Trans Am WS6 with some bolt-ons, and a 81 Camaro Z-28. I am supposed to be going to look at a 1994 Buick Roadmaster tonight. I am a huge fan of wagons, and my favorite thing about the car is the 3rd row seat. Once I get one I plan on starting mods right away. I plan on going with exterior mods first. Some of the questions that I have are:

- Can you swap an Impala SS front clip on the car
- Would it be better to do an LSx swap like a cam only 5.3 or 6.0 or just bore the motor out to a 355
- I was also thinking about going with some Boss 338 wheels, and painting the car black
- Upgrading the brakes

Any information that you guys could give would be great!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wanna say that you can bolt SS clip to wagon but not 100% sure. I ve seen them with fleetwood fronts though so Im sure it can be done. I'm getting a wagon soon also. I also plan to just add a 5.3 with corvette cam in my SS however. welcom to the site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the most comprehensive B body forum out there. I used to own a 96 Roadmaster Limited. I just finished a road trip from Texas to Florida to pass the keys off to my little brother. If I had kept it, I would have impala clipped it.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=241571

Edit, the wagon really only needs a grille and bumper change.
J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When doing an LS swap on these cars is the stock 4L60E strong enough to hold the extra power of the LS motor? So I do not need the Impala fenders, just the front bumper? When upgrading the brakes what would be the best option, with a budget in mind? Sorry for all of the questions, but I just want to get a head start on a parts list, and a budget in mind.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
David,

When you go this page in the forum

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/index.php

you'll see how we have broken things out into sections. So take a look in Brakes for your brakes question, etc. There is a huge "sticky" post at the top of the Engine Performance section on LS swaps.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.