Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its starting to become annoying... This afternoon I was pulled over again. " We got a call of vehicle fitting your description of older white cruiser flashing emergency lights and doing U-turns on the highway "

(no lights equipt in this car and i dont drive like an arse and not sure if it was a BS call, or if the cop was making an excuse to pull me over, or if someone was overexagerating).

Is it just me or do people really think that just because your drive an old cop car that your trying to impersonate one.

Yeah, i got antenna's. Yeah I got an led brake light bar in the back window. Yeah I got my cell charger cord hanging from the rearviw mirror. I got window tint 30% and Different trim rings, grey leather bonnies and no front door panels, and a missing pass. seat .

Well, needless to say the cops get jealous when they open the hood looking for lights and you can see them start to drool in envy. "Wow thats nice ", " is that the original motor? " and " have you raced this at the track? " .... (thinking to myself...oh geez...can we get this over with already ...i got things to do). "well I wont press the issues about no front plate or the window tint" "I dont see any major violations" . ( thinking to myself again...ok you got me on that as he hands back my liscense not even issuing any tickets or warnings).

Anyways thats my story for today but it seems like this is a repetetive cycle anytime a take a drive.

Anyone else go through the same thing ?

Bill

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah my 95 caprice before it got stolen was a police magnet! know who done it gonna make some missing people reports lol. now my 91 is an old cruiser have not rmoved the Q-beam yet but it gets pulled over alot since texas is in the drug corridor

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ticket issued and you are complaining... At least you made it thru without getting a gun pointed at your head or something like that. Perhaps a few encounters with some of the Finest in other areas might allow you to appreciate the Stop & Go that you went trough... Plus they drooled over your engine. A little Simple Green and that drool could do wonders on an engine bay.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mavee its the fact that just this last week some idiot in a 9C1 pulled over a girl in Washington and raped then killed her.It's idiots like this that bring negative attention to honest 9C1 drivers. :mad:

While I had my 95 9C1 for 2 years.I had 2 attensas and N91 wheels with rings,5% limo tint all around the only trouble I got was when I was in Chicago and getting pulled over in Niles for my tint. :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bill, give me a PM sometime if you want to go on a ride along. You may (or may not) see the crappy info we get on stuff like this and understand what we go through. We get a call like that and it ends up being some kid in a white Honda Accord with strobes. Needless to say, the general public has no idea about cars. I work for Racine County.

Sean

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by MightyCaprice:
Hey Bill, give me a PM sometime if you want to go on a ride along. You may (or may not) see the crappy info we get on stuff like this and understand what we go through. We get a call like that and it ends up being some kid in a white Honda Accord with strobes. Needless to say, the general public has no idea about cars. I work for Racine County.

Sean
Dude do it! You will see the "other side". They do have to go through a bunch of crap....and terrible information.

I think I'll be riding again tonight or tomorrow evening.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a White 95 9C1 and never had a problem that wasn't my fault.
I head for work around closing time for the bars and lost a drunk in the rearview mirror around the plainfield corner I was clocked at 78 in a 50. I drive for a living and for CDL holders 2 of those in 3 years (even in my personal vehicle) I lose my CDL for a while..
10 or over is a major violation for CDL.
But went to kangaroo court and it was dropped to disobeying a sign. The fine stood $178.50..

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a bumper sticker made that says NOT A COP!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i get it from ends. I get dirty looks and people putting on their seatbelts real quick. The cops i work for( i do towing for the town pd)they love my car the wish the had it and ive done burnouts in front of them. When i get pulled over those cops ask me the same question, do u race this where did u get this. They also tell me that they wish they had these cars back.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hell, just do what I did, put a Code 3 Arrowstik on the rear deck. For some reason I dont get hassled about the car anymore.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i get pulled over all the time. the last time was the funniest. when i asked him why i was being stopped, he stuttered for a moment and then told me he couldn't see my temp. registration sticker. :rolleyes: then i heard his partner say that he see's it fine in the back window. then when he asked for my insurance card, his partner once again corrected him by letting him know that the pink copy i had was fine to use since i just got the car. as they were walking away he said "next time think before you stop someone. stuttering makes you looks bad."

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in law enforcement, I love law enforcement, but my local LEOs piss me off.

I was threatened with my job (county job) by the city police a few months back (sept) because they thought I was impersonating with the memorial car. Which is BS, since it's usually always at home. I was told that if they (city) sees my car in town, they "will find any reason" to stop and impound the car. It's a freaking memorial police car!

So, I put a lightbar on it :D

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by LT1KICKER:
I'm in law enforcement, I love law enforcement, but my local LEOs piss me off.

I was threatened with my job (county job) by the city police a few months back (sept) because they thought I was impersonating with the memorial car. Which is BS, since it's usually always at home. I was told that if they (city) sees my car in town, they "will find any reason" to stop and impound the car. It's a freaking memorial police car!

So, I put a lightbar on it :D
That is total BS about them saying you impersonate with it. Why the hell would you impersonate? And besides, it isn't marked, right? Who cares what it looks like, it doesn't say "POLICE" anywhere.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the bad thing about impersonating. You used to get away with having a lot more on the cars as long as it didnt say police anywhere on the car. But not anymore, even the smallest thing and you're impersonating.

For IL, all that needs to happen is a person only has to get the feeling that you are a police officer and you can be arrested for impersonating.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Detour9C1:
That's the bad thing about impersonating. You used to get away with having a lot more on the cars as long as it didnt say police anywhere on the car. But not anymore, even the smallest thing and you're impersonating.

For IL, all that needs to happen is a person only has to get the feeling that you are a police officer and you can be arrested for impersonating.
Yeah, that sucks royally. It's not our fault that so many people are paranoid.

When I got the chance to come into contact with a friendly local Vigo County Sheriff, he was trying to tell me it was illegal in the state of Indiana to have a spotlight and antennas on your car. :rolleyes: It was really hard not to laugh in his face. What about all those rednecks running around here with massive CB antennas? Are they impersonating? NO! Oh yeah, he also tried to tell me it was illegal to have dark tint on my rear windows (my fronts were rolled down, I already learned that). I'm pretty sure he was a rook, cause he was acting like it, and his partner was being cool.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speaking of any little thing makes you impersonating an officer...The friendly blue bowtie in my avatar got me pulled over.

I looked up the law about having a blue light on the car. FL Statute Title XLVI Chapter 843.081 section 4: For the purposes of this section, the term "flashing or rotating blue light" includes all forms of lights which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source whether or not such light is actually in use.

Did you catch that? All blue light on a car is flashing and rotating by Florida law!

The light and grill has since been relocated to my garage wall. I'm going green next time and I'll just avoid New Jersey.
The Whole Law in question, and yes I was guilty of having a blue light on the front of my car. I got a fix-it ticket.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by BiscayneSS:
I'm going green next time and I'll just avoid New Jersey.
Isn't green an emergency color as well?
Ambulance, right?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only place I have ever heard of green being an emergency color is NJ. Green is legal in FL.

There is another law that lets me have the blue lights as long as I stay on private property and I am participating in an exhibition or show.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well either way that sucks about the light up bow-tie. It's not like the car looks like a police car in any way. Did he check your tread depth too?

Oh yeah, while I'm here I might as well tell you guys that I got pulled over twice that night. Neither time resulted in a ticket and the first time I wasn't doing anything wrong. The second time I was 60 in a 45 in a completely unfamiliar rural area, just didn't realize that I was going 60, and that's fairly easy to do in a car like these with long legs as they do. Both times, the officers complimented me on the car and told me how they wished they still had their's. :cool:
The second cop, started telling me stories how he liked his 9C1 way better than his new Ford, and how the 9C1 handles way better above 130mph. He said the Fords get all ass-happy when you start getting up there in the speed department.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, but once the County cop got there and I told them about the (LEGAL!!) gun in the glove box, I got to be cuffed in the city cop's car while they fought over what I would be charged with and who's jurisdiction I was in. The State Trooper had to pull them apart!

Owning a Glock makes you fit the profile!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts