Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a purge being REQUIRED for a NHRA or IHRA track? I did not install a purge on my system for several reasons and was told by a guy at work that they wouldn't let him run at a local track because he didn't have a purge hooked up... That sounds rather far fetched to me, but you never know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, if you don't have a blowdown tube you have to have a firewall between you and the nitrous. I got denied last year for that at Mid-America.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom.

He's blowing smoke at you. At our local tracks they have never checked for a purge. You do have to have the blowdown tube though....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he meant blowdown tube. I beat a Chevelle the other night because he failed the juice part of the inspection due to no blowdown. Tech guy told me that this was a very common problem he finds, well this and just plain bad installs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IHRA does NOT require a purge for nitrous, but of course they DO require a blowdown or blowoff tube from the bottle to exhaust outside the vehicle if the bottle is mounted in the passenger area or in a trunk without a firewall.
Karl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, thanks guys... That's what I figured. I asked him if he was talking about the blowdown tube, and he said he was pretty sure it was the purge... I couldn't figure out why a track would be worried about someone running CONSISTENT ET's...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.