Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run searches all over and every site I check never seems to carry push bumpers for the Caprice anymore. Anyone have a solid idea on a dealer. Will(gasp!) the pushers for the(AARRGH!) Crown Vic fit?
I hate to do that, but it seems impossible to find them now. Thanks for the help.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is kind-of off the wall, but try a few local police department garages. When these 9C1s are going out of service, they sometimes remove them. And, since they don't have any new Caprices to transfer them to, they either ditch 'em or leave them laying around. I go to the auctions rather regularly, and I've seen pallets of pushbars and cages go for like $30. They may give you one that's just laying around. They don't fit the Vics or the new Wimpalas, so they're useless. A lot of them just get left on the cars as they auction them. Also, try here:
http://www.9c1.com/classifieds/parts/sell_results.htm

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try emailing this guy. He had some on eBay that I was looking at a month or so ago. He offered used Setina brand made in steel in good condition w/out going through eBay. My funds got tied up (spent) so I didn't follow through.

[email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this site has a bunch of used stuff for good prices. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/swps/vehpar.html
try galls.com i was looking thru a magazine of theirs and i think they still offer the caprice bumpers. also anyone know why you see alot of clown dic's without push bars? i talked to a statey and she told me that if they have a push bar on the front bumper and use to terminate a chase the front bumper pretty much falls off. good ol' ford for ya!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Burdaddy, are you sure about Gall's? That was the first place I looked and I could've sworn they weren't offering anything for the Caprice anymore. I'll check again. And thanks to everybody with their 2cts.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey DR2000 you are finaly going to get rid of the extra weight up there?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when removing them are there big holes in the bumper? Do you have to get a new bumper to fill the holes?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey pimpdaddy. yeeeeeep. they're usually bolted thru the bumper. good reason to get a smoothie or custom bumper!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help guys. i was hopin' to find a pusher that didn't necessitate cutting the bumper. :mad: Oh wel. Sorry for the late response,but I;ve been in Cali buying a classic Buick. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts