Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting a set of 3-way component speakers from either Focal, or Diamond, Rainbow, anway.
I was wondering if it was possible to put all this behind the stock door panel with out any modification to the outside of the door panel? I haven't taken it off yet to check.
It would probably be a 6" woofer(or 5 1/2" if It has to be to fit) with a 4" mid and 1" tweet.
what do you think? or is 3 just over kill?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
In the right install, a 3 way system will sound awesome. Remember that it's not just the quality of the equipment you buy that affects the quality of the final product. The install has a huge amount of leverage in how something is going to sound when it's completed. I'd imagine with some creative work, you'd be able to get a 3 way system into the doors. Obviously it's going to require some cutting and drilling, but I could definitely see it working. Are you going to look into a 4 way active HU/processor? That would allow you to run a sub or two as well and not have any passive crossovers anywhere in the system and give you ultimate tuning capabilities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts