Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all have purchased and installed Pypes Catbacks, I know 94MI9C1 does and I have heard it, his is Street Pro, I would like to hear Race Pro and Violator also.

I would also like to know where everyone has purchased theirs, Summit has it for 419 449 shipped to my house. Anyone know of a lower price or discounts available on this setup?

· Registered
656 Posts
I was going to go that route, however I bought the OTA pipes, mufflers and the x-pipe. I just havn't gotten around to installing. I am waiting on a bracket and I should be able to give it a go. I know this route was a little less than the pypes kit. Just an option.

· Registered
237 Posts
I have been thinking for either of those two also for 1 the x pipe, and the system is stainless compared to what I have

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Rocko you would suggest it then correct? The street pro I heard sounded great.

· Premium Member
139 Posts
IIRC, IbeanImp2 (Chris) has a Pypes kit on his DGGM '95. I can't recall which kit it is, but I do know that it sounded GREAT!!!

One of the better sounding systems I've heard.

· Registered
174 Posts
Thanks Matt !!! - It is a Pypes kit - Street Pro - no cats - Export pipes.

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock Manifolds I take it then?

· Registered
174 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
237 Posts
Ryan-Let me know how the kit looks and sounds!

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my kit yesterday, looks great, comes with all the clamps and hangers you should need, got a smoking deal. $407 Shipped to my house, Used the Summit Racing Coupon in my Signature.

I'll post pictures and a sound clip after install.

· Registered
34 Posts
Pypes Racepro...

Got my kit yesterday, looks great, comes with all the clamps and hangers you should need, got a smoking deal. $407 Shipped to my house, Used the Summit Racing Coupon in my Signature.

I'll post pictures and a sound clip after install.
Just ordered Pypes Racepro kit for the BeastWagon. I'm sure the tails will need to be modified after the over-the-axle for the wagon...plan to modify and exit on the side .... thanks for the discount code!
Looking forward to hearing a sound clip.... and hearing mine when I get it done...hopefully next weekend.

· Registered
22 Posts
I've had my Pypes SGI10S Streetpro now for about a month. Sounds great at idle and smooths out at highway speed, but gawd what a drone at 1500-2000 rpm when in OD. I catch myself running around town in D to avoid it shifting into OD.

Fwiw, I'm running factory manifolds and MagnaFlo replacement cats.

· Registered
1,782 Posts
Been running Race-Pros for 1 1/2 years. Like most mufflers, gets better sounding w/ time/break in. Quiet at idle, definite muscle sound at throttle. Good tone, comparable (I suppose) to UltrafloSS, but...the drone does suck. CIA tubulars -> stock/catco cats -> pypes X -> race pros -> dynomax over axles -> stock location exit. No resonators (want to get them back now), 2 1/2" mandrel all the way through.

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

· Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This sunday it goes in! Sound Clips to follow. Mine will be CIA Budget Headers No Cats Pypes Street Pro Catback.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.