Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a set of HAL adjustable shocks up front on the SS. I had the original seting at 8 clicks and the front end seemed a tad springy still, so I set them up to 10 clicks with no real noticeable difference. Still a little springy. I was running the Bilstein 0929/1104 setup for many years.

Am I missing something here or is this the quaility of ride I need to expect from the HAL's?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you sure about that? At the settings you're describing, it should be like you replaced the shocks with steel bar. I run 4 clicks most of the time and 5 was too harsh for the street in my opinion. You max out at 12 as I recall.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the QA1 adjustables all the way around on my wagon. I think there are actually 14 settings, but mine are set on F:8/R:7 right now. I'm having some "bouncing" issues, but I think those are mostly from bags. I've turned them up to 14 before and it about shook the teeth out of my head. I'd be curious to hear what you end up doing and how happy you are with them. My jury is still out.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've turned them down to 5 for the street and they ride as the Blistein'd did. I believe the setting was too high and caused the car to bounce.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts