Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with recommended setting son Thw QA1 shocks for setting front and rear for AutoX, drags or daily driving?
Ant experience is helpful.
Rich

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IF the car has stock springs and swaybars, you should probably stiffen the rears up to like 9 if not 10 (maybe more, but work your way up) and then bring the fronts up until you're comfortable with how the car reacts...it can be a band aid for bars that aren't setup how you want them to be in mostly transient situations.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Drag racing I am using 0 on the fronts and on the rear I used 8R and 9L. We were playing with the settings earlier this week and when everything else failed to produce a spin free launch we set the rears at 12 and it finally hooked.

For road racing I put them at pretty much the highest settings on all 4 corners.

HTH

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHEN I had swaybars (stock front, HO rear) & stock springs, I had them at 5 all around. Seems to be about stock DeCarbons. When I removed all the swaybars (stock springs), I put them up to 7 and its a lil stiffer but I don't get as much body roll staying with 5. It's a good comprise. For drag racing, 0 for the front and about 9 for the rear. Before I moved, I was playing with settings at the local track. 9 clicks with 15# in the pass side airbag with IC brackets has netted me 1.7x 60 foots on a 'ok' prepped track. Previous BEST was 1.87 with an average of low 1.9's.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks this gives me a good starting place.
I guess I should have added that I have a wagon.
Eibach springs front and rear.
Hotchkis Bars front and rear.
Hotchkis rear trailing Arms.
285/40-17 tires
Air lift bags in rear springs with Individual fill.
I was running the stiff Bilsteins, but I'm converting to the QA1
Did the fronts today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts