Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey suspension guru's
I replaced the rear shocks w/ QA1 earlier this year. They work great for autocrossing. Ride easy,tighten up & go fast, then turn back down to ride home. I hope to get the front QA1's soon. My question is, F-stock allows a front sway bar replacement. I can dial the SS push out w/ the rears set on 9 to 10 running the 275 v700s. Will the greatest improvement come from just adding the shocks & adjusting. I'm guessing I can add way too much push by just adjusting the front one's while turning the rear up to 12.
The rears will then be behind fronts & I can't get the max benefit from the fronts. Or is it time to add the larger front bar & let the metal control the sway & let the shocks dampen. The next step would get the rear QA1's re-cal to tighten them up more. That should help keep it more level around the cones. Just some ideas to get ready for next year. Got to keep beating the Mustangs.
Let me know what ya'll think.
later
babyhauler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding a bigger front bar (F-body or HO) will put more understeer in your car. Can you dial out that extra understeer w/ the rear shocks? Dunno. I'd say leave the bar stock and just keep workin' it, just my humble opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.