Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot install the dipstick after installing the headers. Should if fit or should I get a universal from lokar, or moroso or whomever?

-Brian

·
Registered
925 Posts
You might get more responses from the exhaust section but I'll give it a try. I have the quads and the stock dip stick and have experienced no problems at all. I did have to bend the tube a bit but nothing really even noticable.

Give it a try,
TOM B

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
It fits with quite a bit of struggling.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well with Trick Flow angle plug heads along with splayed 4 bolt mains mine was very difficult to where I couldn't figure out where oil was coming from. Only to discover that the mounting tab had broke at the weld on the tube. So every time I was under load, oil would come out of the side of my tube.

So I got another tube and sold my headers to Tad. Since I had to literally remove the passenger side header every time to change the #6 & #8 plugs. I could get the plugs loose, but they would not come all of the way out, without hitting the header tubes.

Plus my future plans (funds permitting) is to get rid of my SC and go under-hood turbo. So I would no longer need my quads anyway.

But with my stock iron heads and 2 bolt block I didn't have a problem.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I had the trick flow heads on mine too. Like you said, Plug change was 100% impossible without removing the headers... which was not easy either as large as the tubes are.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the trick flow heads on mine too. Like you said, Plug change was 100% impossible without removing the headers... which was not easy either as large as the tubes are.
With the stock heads and a cut down plug socket I can do numbers 8 without removing the header although I will have to pull the starter everytime. Haven't tried number 6.

Thanks for the answers guys, it sounds like I should be able to get the stocker in, provided I haven't gone and messed it up too much yet.

Ran into it hitting the frame on the driverside so it looks like I can't get away with not swapping motor mounts. I was hoping to put those off untill I rebuilt my original motor. Win some, lose some.

- Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts