Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,824 Posts
I don't think you are going to have an issue. Now it is true, that Roadmaster engine bays are the tightest fit when it comes to headers, as Dan at CIA has mentioned, and as I found out first hand with their Budget Headers. But the clearance you get with the quad-1's is much better, from what some have said when they went from budgets to quad-ones.

I hope they fit. I have 2 sets of them, and they are BOTH going on Roadmasters. :D

· Premium Member
297 Posts
I just put an older set on the TurboWagon and had minor issues with the A-arm frame braces. On the drivers side I was able to roll the lower edge of the brace up and touch it up with a BFH. On the PAX side it's probably not an issue since when the motor torques over it's away from the brace, but I ground an extra 1/4" on the upper lip to have a full 1/2" of clearance. I can try to take some pictures this evening and post.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just put an older set on the TurboWagon and had minor issues with the A-arm frame braces. On the drivers side I was able to roll the lower edge of the brace up and touch it up with a BFH. On the PAX side it's probably not an issue since when the motor torques over it's away from the brace, but I ground an extra 1/4" on the upper lip to have a full 1/2" of clearance. I can try to take some pictures this evening and post.
Pics would be great

· Premium Member
297 Posts
Pics would be great
Here's a couple of shots of each side. I tried to highlight the areas and put in a dialog box, but they may be too small to see/read. The real problem was on the drivers side in that the tube was almost touching , and once the motor torqued at all would surely hit. I have a good 1/2" of clearance once I bent the edge of the brace over.

Drivers side from the bottom:

Drivers Side from the rear:

PAX side from the front:

PAX side from the rear:

· Registered
1,824 Posts
Hmm, I didn't think these headers were this close on them down there. I had clearance issues with the summit headers. SOB. I guess I better get going on my test fits. Did CIA change the design at some point? Is that why you mention they are an older set, or is that just because you think they might have made adjustments? Just curious.

PM sent to you on a side note.

· Premium Member
297 Posts
I'm not sure if there was a design change, I just wanted to let folks know that mine were an older used set.

The adjustments I made to the braces was easy to do, and on the plus side the clearance for the AC hoses is great. I put both headers in from the bottom; on the drivers side I took out the #3,5 &7 plugs and on the passenger side I only removed the temp sensor so I wouldn't accidently break it. It went in with the starter and plugs installed.

· Premium Member
297 Posts
They are the Quad 4 from Clear Image. I believe you can also buy a "knock-off" version from FocuzTech. You can find links for both in the Vendor section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.