Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i know that the RM's are just buick's version of the b-body, but i'm interested in a non-woody 95 wagon, black. Will the impala grill/or aftermarket billet grill fit right in? Or is there modification to the front clip?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The roadmaster wagon front bumper cover mold is different then the Caprice/Impala Cover.

The RM has a longer hight to the grille than the Caprice/Impala so the RM bumper is lower in the middle and higher on the sides.

Of you chose to Install a Billet grille or the Impala grille you would have a Large gap between the bottom of the grille and the center of the bumper cover

For a clean look you could buy a Caprice/Impala bumper cover (or a Smoothie bumper cover from Street Trends) and a Impala/Billet grille and you would have a clean look. The downside is that the Caprice cover wont have chrome on it and it wouldent match up to the chrome on the sides of the wagon.

I pretty sure the bolting is the same for all the grilles on B-bodies. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah well i think i'd black out some of the chrome anyway. I think the smoothie bumper would be the best way to go with a billet grill. And if there would be any trouble with this i hope someone would inform me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you change the front bumper cover to a smooth cover or an impala cover ,you will have to change the bumper support also.. the RM support is longer by about an inch...you can find a cheap one for about $65.00
Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed an Impala grille on my RM wagon, and an Impala bumper cover. Did not have to replace the support. I did have to install shims between the support and the cover just below the grille.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My '94 Roadmaster wagon has an Impala SS front bumper and grill. The previous owner did the work, but in the receipts that he gave me, there was not a receipt for the bumper inner; just the cover. Anyway, with the Roadmaster emblems removed, it looks like the Impala SS wagon showcar.

On thing that I have thought about doing to my car is buy a smoothie bumper and a billet grill, removing the Impala SS emblems, and installing Buick Grand Sport emblems from the early '90s. I figure I'll do this the next time the car gets painted (years from now).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.