Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a low mile 95, that I originally bought just to flip. But I kind of like the car so I’m thinking of keeping it. But I can’t keep it and the Roadmaster. So my dilemma, how do I value the car. Since putting the Impala front clip on the car, does this Increase, decrease the value or do things just remain neutral.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I guess it depends on the potential buyers. Some people like the Roadmaster as it came from the factory, some like Impala's better. Some people may not like the two mixed. Personally, I like the Impala front better. I would pay a little extra just because I like the look. Plus, all the aftermarket front end parts (headlamps, bumpers, etc.) fit the Caprice/Impala/Wagon front ends only.

I don't think the addition of the Impala front will make it any harder to sell. I think most B-body lovers would appreciate the look.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I don't think the addition of the Impala front will make it any harder to sell. I think most B-body lovers would appreciate the look.
I agree, I also like the look. Ide buy that if I could :D
but the only thing I think is weird is the Chevy bowtie on a Buick. maybe get an insert, or paint a caprice grill (without the word chevrolet on it, 94?) body color and slap a GS on it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the opinions, I’m just a bit torn about how to put a price on the car. I know I can’t get everything I’ve put into the car back and never really intended too; after all I put it together with keeping it in mind. It’s my Highway beater so I put allot of work into the car insuring I’d never be stuck on the side of the road.
Here’s a general rundown on what’s been done to the car.

1996 Roadmaster Limited Collector Edition
Parts installed in the last 2 years
New from GM 4L60E
4 02 Sensors
Heater Core
Radiator
Evaporator
Drier
Compressor
Complete Rear Brake Job
Parts Installed in the last Year
Fuel Pump and Filter
Tires
Parts/ Mods Installed in the Last 4 Months
Low Mile Motor (40k)
All Sensors on the motor
Battery
Wheel Bearings
Rear Differential gear oil Change
Brake Fluid Change
9C1 Green Silicone Hose set
Bleeder Valve
9C1 Trunk Mat
9C1 Wipers
T84 Headlights w/ Gary’s Harness
Washer Tank Relocation Mod
Front Seats re-padded
Impala Embroidered Spare Tire Cover
Hacks Trunk Kit
New GM Opti
Harness
Opti Vent Harness
Plugs & Wires
Fresh Two Tone Paint
Front Clip Change
Front Brakes
Corvette Starter
Belt
Cadillac Rims
Alignment
All Shocks including drag link shock
Stock Impala SS Exhaust
Thermostat
Window Tint
K&N Drop in Filter w/ Sewer Pipe
Chrome Trim Blackout
Powder Coated
Fender to Firewall Braces
Strut Brackets
Accessory Bracket
Licenses Plate Bracket
Tenioner Pulley
Alternator Pulley
Inner Grill Frame
Gas Tank Filler Neck
Power Steering Bracket
Gas Tank Straps /- Uninstalled But come with the car.
MAF ends
Since this is my Road Trip car I carry spare parts in the trunk, all of which come with the car.
2 02 Sensors
PCM
Throttle Body with Sensors
MAF
Opti - New
Belt
Fuses
Opti Harness

None of the parts were reman, there all new, so with this list, do you think 5k would be out of line?

·
Registered
769 Posts
As mentioned before, lose the Chevy bowtie. Find a Buick emblem and put it on. As clean as it is, it looks like a hack job with the wrong company emblem on it.

You mentioned "low mile" but did not tell us how much. [You did mention 40K on the engine, but not how much on the body.] Like it or not, that will be a significant factor in establishing its value.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
5k is not outta line at all IMO. its a sick looking roadmaster and youve obviously put a ton of work into it. for some random fool just looking for a big car to drive, yeah they might look down on the price, but to someone who knows these cars and appreciates what it is and what you put into it, your fine where your at. hell $1000 are right there in the T84s alone LOL.
like i said... I would buy it if i could. but then again Im a huge Buick nut :D

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Yup, lose the bowtie and the Caddy emblems on the wheels, too. That said the front sheet metal probably won't matter one way or the other. What'll make it tough is the miles. Still too many people out there that think miles actually matter regardless of any other factor.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I missed the Caddy wheels... definitely cover them up. I am not sure what sticker or wheel cover will work here.

That said, I wouldn't put any more money into it unless you are going to keep it and drive it. When buying a car to "flip" it, the factors to consider are price, condition, mileage, and desirability. You are losing on 3 out of 4. You are asking top dollar for it. The miles on the odometer are really high. Roadmaster sedans are about the least popular of the B-bodies. The only thing that you have going for you is condition, which presumably is excellent.

I hate to be the nay-sayer, but I doubt you will see $5K for it. There are too many RMS's with around 100K on the odometer for around $3K and even lower mile ones that turn up at estate sales for $2K - $3K. [I have already passed on 3 of them because I really want to keep my wagon; my wife won't drive one; and I can't afford a third car.]

My strategy for selling that car would be to make sure that it is IMMACULATELY clean and park it at every car gathering and mall parking lot that I could. People need to see it to get interested since it is likely that few people are actually looking for an RMS (outside of people on specialty car forums like here). You want everyone to think that it has had a pampered life. I wouldn't mention the SS front end unless they ask. If you haven't done so, I would get someone to run a carfax on it. If it is good, I would have a copy of it handy. If it has bad stuff on it, I would have a story as to how it was fixed as good as new.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks RMC, but the Roadmaster isn’t the Flip. I was debating selling the Roadmaster and keeping the potential flip. I appreciate all of your opinions, and will continue with my effort in selling the flip car. I sure would like to keep it but timing just isn’t right with the Roadmaster.
And yes, I realize the caddy wheels look like ass on the Roadmaster; it will be getting a set of SS wheels and springs in the near future. The only reason it doesn’t have any yet is that the tires on the caddy wheels are fairly new and I wanted to get a few more miles out of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.