Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the new pioneer 8400 and the xm equipment and the antenna is bigger than i thought..any suggestions on where to put it?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I assume you got the Pioneer antenna?
I used the Terk SR1 Glass mount http://www.terk.com/ because I didn't want to drill or run the wires over the trunk gasket, none of the XM antenna are very pretty :rolleyes:

On the back glass or the roof is the preferred mounting location, all the manufactures recommend having the top of the antenna higher than the car for uninterrupted service, but............. I have talked to several people that have had no problems with mounting the antenna INSIDE the glass such as on the rear deck, as long as you have a sloped glass and the antenna can "see" the satellites.
In my own "limited" experience with XM...... I haven't driven the car yet with it installed however it has been activated for several weeks and even setting in my garage with an attic full of junk overhead I have no problem with signal and have had uninterrupted service.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if your radio is xm compatible do you need any more equipment besides a antenna? ballimpala how do you like that 8400 i saw it in the store but my pockets weren't that deep to get it so i settled for the 6400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts