Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the rear ss seats are a direct replace on the caprice

now, are the front ss seat rails direct fit(mounting) on a caprice...or will i have to drill new holes?...reason why i ask is cause i scored some ss seats($200 for front and back) for my caprice and havent had time to mess around with them so i figure i would ask before i mess around with them...alright thanks again - Simpson

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
good find, but yes, your seat rails are a direct bolt on even if there manual or power they will bolt rite up. and to save a little time I believe there a 13mm or 1/2" socket

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know ss seats arent really a direct bolt up to my 94 9c1 because i have bench seats up front and i only have bolts on the outside of the seat on both sides. The bucket seats have bolts on the outside and a set on the inside for both driver and passenger sides. I cant feel anything under the carpet either, so i still dont know what im going to do to put ss seats in mine. I dont want the seats only held in by 2 bolts, they might wobble. so unless your in my situation your ok

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
strange, i thought all 9c1's came with buckets. my 92 wagon had a 60/40 seat monted in the same place as buckets. id be sure yours has the same mounting holes, unless some one cut them outcwm6. just pull the seat out and carpet back. easy enough

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I know ss seats arent really a direct bolt up to my 94 9c1 because i have bench seats up front and i only have bolts on the outside of the seat on both sides. The bucket seats have bolts on the outside and a set on the inside for both driver and passenger sides. I cant feel anything under the carpet either, so i still dont know what im going to do to put ss seats in mine. I dont want the seats only held in by 2 bolts, they might wobble. so unless your in my situation your ok

What 2 bolts are holding up? I think they all are the same bolt pattern.

·
Registered
99 Posts
im positive im missing them. I have a bolt on the front left of the driver seat of the bench, and a bolt on the rear left of the driver seat. The other two are on the passenger side of the seat on the right side of it front and back. I know they are missing also because there are holes in my carpet where them bolts should be..but no bolts. I guess im gonna have to weld some in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
SS seats in Caprice

I just installed SS seats in my 1996 Caprice B4U. Front seats are held on with 6 13mm nuts each side. Slide seat all the way forward and back to make access to the nuts easier. There are also 4 plastic caps covering the nuts, there is a Phillips screw secured to the seat tracks holding each on in place. The rear seat you will need a T45 (star or torx) socket to remove the upper half of the back seat. Impala seats plugged right into caprice harness and worked great.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
The seats bolt to the rails with 4 bolts each. They have 13mm heads. It is a lot easier to bolt the seats to the rails with the rails out of the car, then bolt the rails to the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts