Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that this sounds correct?
I am looking to run 4 kicker 15's and I have to get it so that the amp will see 1ohm with these. Would getting 4 - 8 ohm 15's? I am asking because person has 2 - 4 ohms and also 2 - 8 ohms and wanted to see which would go best since i would have to purchase 2 more. The amp that I will be using is a MA audio hk802sx 2 channel amp

1 x 4400 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm Bridged
2 x 2200 Watts RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo
thanks for input as i am waiting on response before buying the set up

My other option would to buy 2 4 ohm kickers L7 get a box made and call it a day

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if u want to create a 1ohm load u need the
2-4ohm woofers and two more and u would have to have parallel all of them. Meaning all positives and all negatives together.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
assuming that they are Kicker Comps black and yellow right just asking.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so having all four 4 ohm speakers bridged that will be one ohm or to get the 4400 or so power correct?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you do 4 4ohm speakers single voice coil, it will be 1 ohm.

If you do 4 4ohm speakers dual voice coil, it will be .5 ohm.

There is no difference in sound quality from a single to a dual voice coil. It is just a way to configure the speakers to get the correct ohm load on the amp.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS HACK :D , oh and JBONE HACK is also right it dosent matter how many voice coils or load they are cause having a DUAL 2OHM is the same as having a SINGLE 4OHM SPEAKER ;) UNLESSSS u want a 1OHM load on a single speaker.......

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea thanks I just picked up 2 more SVC 4 ohms which 4- 4ohm SVC 15's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts